Usergroups
Is it just me or......
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Is it just me or do you think interest in Gothic has crested?
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:15 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've been playing Gothic, and at these forums since the demo first came out.
So I've seen it all.

I still browse these forums a bit, but there's nothing constructive to reply to.
How's Gorath now-a-days? I remember the good ol' days. Now he's become something more than me, probably because he's just cooler...

Gothic's popularity hasn't crested. It's just these forums. Ever since PB.com has listed RPGDot.com as it's official english boards, this place has bloomed into something as large as the Flashpoint1985.com forums.

Gothic is still not found in most warez sites, and it's not in high demand, so it's definitly not that popular right now.

-Kevin
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:19 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

yes, it is just you...
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:58 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I think that the forum has slowed down a bit in the last week.

Not many new posts, but a lot of replies to older posts.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:39 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

Just wait until Gothic 2 comes out, then there will be an avalanche of interest and new posts.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:27 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

Max, you must be psychic or something. Earlier today I was wondering the very same thing (to myself of course).

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:02 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Everytime I play Gothic I find something new. I was shocked to discover the "character helper" so late(This week). I was shocked that Jemy didn't have it in his faq.
No, I don't think it has crested, I still love the game and still play it several times a week. These forums were a lifesaver to me in the early days. Every Gothic site before this was in German.
I think part of the reason it feels old is that you have done everything there is to do. You have answered the same questions over and over. I use to love talking about Mud and his Pink Teddy. But ever since Danicek and Mud got togther he don't want to talk to me anymore.
I actually went and got Everquest but it is taking an eternity to get going. Maybe I should start smaller.
The reason Gothic never made it big is because the demo is so damm big. I got it because it was the biggest demo file I have ever seen and was curious, I thought it was the dragGothic game in 3dmark. Glad I tried it though, and I am waiting in anticipation for Gothic 2.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:21 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

If your looking for something smaller, you might want to check out the General CRPG board for links to classic games you can get for free. Now is the perfect time to catch up on games you missed out on the first time around while waiting for the next big game release.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:32 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Have you tried inserting the Story Helper yet?
insert SH

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:33 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

OMG no !!! Why wasn't I told these things!!!
Some one fire Jemy!!

What else is there I don't know?
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:36 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

What are the character helper and story helper?
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:18 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2002-02-26 12:19, FetishFool wrote:
I still browse these forums a bit, but there's nothing constructive to reply to.
How's Gorath now-a-days? I remember the good ol' days. Now he's become something more than me, probably because he's just cooler...

-Kevin

Hey man, how are you?
I´m more or less offline these days, thanks to my #!§%& ISP.
I see it positive. Time to watch my fellow moderator doing all the work.

Take care.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:19 am

quote:

On 2002-02-26 12:19, FetishFool wrote:

Gothic is still not found in most warez sites, and it's not in high demand, so it's definitly not that popular right now.

At least it is not in the bargain bins. Some guy on this forum foretold it would be there for 9$ after christmas. Think he's wrong. It's still between 30$ - 40$.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 10:53 am

Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

quote:

On 2002-02-26 18:18, The Hulk wrote:

The Character helper(insert CH) will train you in skills, crossbow etc..., and can level you up.

The story helper (insert SH) can solve quests for you. Say you kill someone that will be needed later on, or walk into one of the winch bugs etc.., have the story helper complete that quest so you can move on in the game.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:41 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-02-27 10:41, Ariakas wrote:
quote:

On 2002-02-26 18:18, The Hulk wrote:

The Character helper(insert CH) will train you in skills, crossbow etc..., and can level you up.

The story helper (insert SH) can solve quests for you. Say you kill someone that will be needed later on, or walk into one of the winch bugs etc.., have the story helper complete that quest so you can move on in the game.

Thanks for the reply Ariakas.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:10 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next