my party constantly running out of stamina
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
TheRaven
Village Leader
Village Leader

my party constantly running out of stamina

my characters except the fighter with loads of stamina always fall unconscious in long battles...especially my ranger who fires 4 times a round - that takes a lot of stamina! (if I had known that before I'd made him female ...with that amulet of stamina)
is this normal ?
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:11 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes it is normal, if you develop you party not right way. You must develop skills that support amount of stamina, especially for characters with many attacks or with attacks that consumes a lot of stamina (bards).
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:57 am
TheRaven
Village Leader
Village Leader

what stats boost stamina?
vitality mostly and piety I think?
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:21 am

Vitality: .7 Stamina
Piety: .7 Stamina
Strength: .7 Stamina.
This means, with 100 in each, you could have a grand total of 210 Stamina at Level Zero. (er, if you could have any stats at all, teh)
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:08 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, that is. Focus now on atributes that boosts stamina... It is maybe good to have strong character, but if this strong character is after 5 rounds uncouscious (spelling?)...
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:20 am
Gothmog
Village Leader
Village Leader

You will eventually be able to kill things more quickly. Until then you can use potions for major fights and there are spells that restore stamina.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:01 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Gothmog's got the key- the Stamina and Rest All spells are your friends. You will use them regularly from early in the game until close to the end. Your choices of character race could make the problem worse for you as well. For instance, early on I was using a hobbit bard, but my first winning party had a human bard for the additional stamina. She was also a "she" for the early stamina necklace...
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:24 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, spells and potions are important, but it is also important to start all battles with full stamina.
It is important to know that also very short moment of resting restores whole stamina of your party - just press rest button and press another button to stop camping...
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:43 pm
Gandalf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stamina shouldn't really be a problem

There are many ways to take care of your stamina problem besides upping your characters' stats. As was mentioned, there are potions and spells that can be used. One spell, Rest All, will even take care of the whole party! As far as potions go, don't forget Restoration and Pickmeup. It can be easy to neglect them when all you're thinking about is that you need a Stamina potion.

Personally, I typically will make sure that any of my characters that use up stamina a lot (Bards, Gadgeteers, multiple strikers/shooters) have a couple of Mod. or Heavy Stamina potions in their personal inventories.
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:30 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Typically, I value speed over stamina. I focus on speed forst, then on stamina-increaing stats. If my guys get too tired in a long battle, Rest All instantly wakes them up.

So, my advice. If you don't want to pump stamina every level up, LEARN REST ALL.
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:01 am