Usergroups
Easter eggs and drug exposures...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

In the end, none of these arguments really matter. If we should ignore or ban literature/works-of-art/computer-games because they have elements that aren't 'politically correct', we should ignore or ban the bible.

I think the game is creating a realistic atmosphere, and an environment where prisoners don't abuse any drugs isn't a believable one to me.

I, for one, don't think smoking weed is cool, but I have no real problems with substance abuse, as long as it doesn't harm anyone but the user.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 11:46 am

You've got to be kidding me. First off there are worse things in the game than weed smoking. How about killing people?

Also its a game about convicts mostly. Convicts committ crimes. Bad people who do bad things...
It would be highly unrealistic for some people not to be using drugs.
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:34 am

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2001-11-28 12:05, Anonymous wrote:

They mention seeing 'visions' in the game...whens the last time someone saw visions on pot?

The American Indian smoked their own blend of peyote or hemp and quite frequently experienced "visions"; and it didn't affect them.
Hum, they now live in poverty on jail-like reservations after their land was striped from them from the very people they invisioned.
note to self: strike remark about not affecting them.
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:44 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Peyote is a cactus and was used in religious rituals that were performed by the local shaman. The cactus was either dried and then consumed (not a very popular method due to the fact that it was very hard to digest) or boiled with other herbs to make a strong hallucinogenic elixir. During these rituals, only the shaman was allowed to partake of the elixir because only he could fully interpret the meaning of the visions. After leaving the spirit world, the shaman would return to the tribe and share the vision and its meaning with elders of the tribe and they would decide on what actions the tribe would take, if any.

Sylvio
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:48 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

what a loat of crap. It's really something if somebody smokes weed in the game.
In the mean time your running all over the place beating up or killing everyting that you can find.

If i would have to choose i would rather run in to a weedsmocker than the man you control.

But what the fuck lets kill some more
( in the game that is)
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 8:36 pm
Ray Vic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm...I wonder if I can find a swamp nearby IRL

[ This Message was edited by: Ray Vic on 2001-12-24 00:15 ]
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 6:11 am

I was walking through the swamp camp at Midnight and I saw two dudes kissing in a hut. This game has a lot of gay stuff in it. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Why isn't there some hetrosexual easter eggs in this game?
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 10:30 am

What do you expect? It's a prison mostly with men. ;D
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:10 am

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2001-12-24 05:10, Anonymous wrote:
What do you expect? It's a prison mostly with men. ;D

I guess singing around the campfire and roasting marshmellows is out of the question
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:15 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

How about the obvious "Dune" refrences such as "The Sleeper must awaken!" and the girl named Chani in the swamp camp?
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:55 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

quote:

On 2001-12-21 13:48, Ragnar wrote:
During these rituals, only the shaman was allowed to partake of the elixir because only he could fully interpret the meaning of the visions.

depends on the tribe. some south american tribes permit everyone to use peyote. however, typically there is a shaman or spirit guide who helps explain the process and interprite the visions. by-the-way, they have isolated the hallucinagin in peyote, and now you can shoot it up in the form of mesculine.

"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 7:10 pm
porto
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Alright...just suck me off!!!
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:34 pm

Let me put it another way, as well, for those that hadnt thought to write this much. il say straight up that I smoke weed at least once a week, mroe preferably, though not as an every day thing, since I do require being sober for my daily routines, liek work and so forth.

but ill tell you right now, i coudl be VERY pissed off at someone, smmoke a joint and stil be pissed, but i sure as hell woulnd tstart a fight. why? because 1) you dont CARE enough 2) its too FAR 3)takes too much EFFORT (would require standing up, for isntance, i have enough trouble gettin up to get munchies, so my friends and I follow the "whose closer" rules, which are far more detailed than simple location relative to the munchies themselves)

in short, weed is a depressant, not an upper or amphetamine. yes, peopel commit violent acts when high, but they woudl commit those SAME violent acts when sober, probably to a far greater degree. if i wanted to say, murder my entire family, guess what, im doin it sober or not. im less likely to do it on weed. on coke, thats a different story. especially if i was in a bad mood when i did it. coke is known to make bad moods into LETHAL bad moods.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:45 am

Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

The Sleeper resides in my toilet bowl and speaks to me every time I take a dump.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:36 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

that person talking about they dont like the idea of weed being in the game...
these are PRISONERS!! this game takes place in a JAIL SETTING, you were expecting the hot commoditiy in this game to be fresh cut flowers or maybe a really pretty fabric you can make dresses from? get real you nerd
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:39 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next