i'm sorry i genuinely tried to like this game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i'm sorry i genuinely tried to like this game

but i am just so unmotivated. its all the same thing over and over again. my henchman is stupid (regardless of how hot she is ) and it's just so....boring. having WC3 around doesn't help either. i only keep the CD in my comp because of the DM tools. and i'm kinda even losing interest in that too. (despite the fact that i appear 3 times and counting in my mod ) i don't know any C scripting, and whenever i pick up an introduction to C book, i end up reading the same sentence like 20 times out of boredom. and when i ask my dad if we can go get a C "for dummies" book, which i believe the only thing capable of making sense to me, he says "ok. remind me again later alright" and i say "sure"

a few days later i say to myself: "oh crap. i meant to remind him..."

multiplayer is no doubt better, but i can't freakin figure out how it all works. it's nothing like the simple and easy to use Bnet where all you do is a join a random game with some other random ppl. noooooo you select one to join (and the module information they give you in the chat section means didly squat to me) and then if you do find one that looks interesting you have to make sure the ppl don't mind if you're joining. and i gotta say there are some grade A assholes out there.

sorry for the rant folks
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:26 pm
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well there are local and server. Generally the locals are considered cheaters by many, which isn't necessarily true. Thats because you can bring in any character. MP is definitely the way to go, much more fun than sp. I am awful at programming but i have been having fun with the tool set building a mod. There are so many scripts that you just plug in. So you don't really need programming skill.
Post Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:09 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Your missing out LP. DzD, sauron and I just spent most of today playing in multiplayer. It's always fun playing with people you know.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:01 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Your missing out LP. DzD, sauron and I just spent most of today playing in multiplayer. It's always fun playing with people you know.

Shh... he'll have to apply to get in.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:25 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Agree!
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:52 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I really love single player part of this game and I am spending with it nearly every moment when I have time to be with my PC.

Btw. how fast connection is necessary to play this game? Is ISDN enough?
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:52 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You could play it with a 56k connection. Although you'd probably experience lag. But if your connection is stable you could certainly enjoy playing MP.

@sauron: Want to keep my server all to yourself? Or is that you think having one paladin around is enough?
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:40 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i'm gonna stick with the solitude of mod building for now. but thanks for the offer, val and co.
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:51 pm
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
Btw. how fast connection is necessary to play this game? Is ISDN enough?

If you want to play on Gamespy with dialup, make sure you choose a server with less than 600 ping, or gameplay can get very... weird
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:58 pm
sweepah
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I would have to agree with this post, the fedex-quests, the straightforward plot combined with repetitive fights and a stupid henchman make me incredibly dissapointed since I expected a lot of it and it has been in development for such a long time. Made me dig up Arcanum again for some satisfaction. I have some very expensive cool looking frisbees now though.

ps: i dont like mmorpg and im sure thats where this games strength lays, yet it doesn't interest me
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:18 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by sweepah
ps: i dont like mmorpg and im sure thats where this games strength lays, yet it doesn't interest me

Not really, NWN is not even close to being like an MMORPG. But it's strength doeslie in its multiplayer functions, but in my experience you need to play with like minded people for it to be successful. So far I didn't find a single multiplayer game I like better than NWN, and that's including the many MMOGs I've played.
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Hey guys are you planning on starting a campaign today? If so let me know
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:26 pm