TES: Soul Gem Values
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

TES: Soul Gem Values

Im looking to change the value of soulgems filled with souls down a a very high margin. Anyone one know where in the editor i can find this? I have found the empty gem values, but nothing for when they're filled.

On a side note, where can i change it so speechcraft can only get you a maximum of 50% of the value of an item? Thats with all modifiers like 100 personality and the person is orgasmic over seeing you.
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:03 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

I think that the value, in money, changes depending on what soul is in the gem. If you trapp a golden saint, its worth 80k i think, but if you change its soul to say 20 instead of 400, the value goes down to something like 400, so i suppose thereīs a multilpier somewhere in there... Donīt know where though, so this is kind of a useless reply....

CrossTopicBaner
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:58 pm
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Pinnen
I think that the value, in money, changes depending on what soul is in the gem. If you trapp a golden saint, its worth 80k i think, but if you change its soul to say 20 instead of 400, the value goes down to something like 400, so i suppose thereīs a multilpier somewhere in there... Donīt know where though, so this is kind of a useless reply....

Yea... thats the problem... 80k for a damn soul!!! I dont think so. Im wanting to change the value [multiplyer somewhere?] for the soul values and just make wnchanting more expenseive. So i guess i need to know how and where to change that too.

But the goal is to totally revamp the economy and redo all the values. Its gonna look like the Yen over there only 150000 coins for this nince new shield. Well not that expensive, but you get the idea. Money is way too comon and easy to exploit to get.

This is an economic project on a grand scale.
Phases include:

1. Remove Creeper [done]
2. Decrease the value of souls
3. Modify [Decrease and Increase] all item value
4. Tripple training cost [more to curb bought leveling] [done]
5. Modify bartering so a max of 75% value can be made on all items sold. [changed my mind, gotta make the merchant skill usefull]
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:47 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Well, 80 k is a bit much... today I was buying people's souls for candy.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:20 pm
REDF0X

I don't have problems really with the prices of souls (well maybe 80K is a bit much but Satan seems to be willing to pay plenty for them) but if you come across a way that (Player) enchanters can actually be making money from their wares I'd like to hear about it.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:14 am

REDF0X

Oh forgot, I don't know exactly how to help, but I do have a lead for you. I know there are examples of soul stones with souls included (Balmora Mage's Guild). Perhaps if you can grab one in the editor and find out how they handle those that'll point you in the right direction.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:18 am

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Filled soul gems are just objects like anything else, you can even add them using the player->add command. So there must be a list of all the soul gems in the editor.
Or, failing that, look for a global var called iSoulGemMultiplier or something like that.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:12 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

believe it or not, i got a 2 handed weapon worth 180K and i didnt use any mods or hacks for it, you can get this by using the amulet on the desk or in a chest at the man who will remove ur corpus decease, save before putting on the amulet!
Post Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:54 am
Wrothgarr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Soul Gem Values

quote:
Originally posted by HydroSqueegee

On a side note, where can i change it so speechcraft can only get you a maximum of 50% of the value of an item? Thats with all modifiers like 100 personality and the person is orgasmic over seeing you.

speechcraft affects your success rate at persuading and an npc's initial disposition towards you. i think it's merchantile you're after (you probably already knew that though) as for the actual question i'm not sure but i've found that npcs can absolutely love you, but still only go as high as 30% and sometimes npcs can go up to 90%. I think it depends on the trader's own mercantile level (i think) maybe their personality level altogether. I can't think of any other possibilty other than editing all the trader's mercantiles to a certain value ( found by testing through trial and error?)
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:54 pm