Usergroups
Most Terrifying Movie of All Time!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The movie that scared me the most was "The Entity" when I was 7 or 8. I don't really know what about the movie scared me. I saw it recently, and no memories of what scared me came back.
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:17 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Salem's Lot
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:51 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ah! Salem's Lot! You just reminded me...

(I might have related this tale before, apologies if I'm repeating myself)

I saw Salem's Lot when I was quite young, I loved it and found it quite spooky - but nowhere near as much as my mum. She was really scared... anyway, the whole family were watching it (just the first part, as it was shown as a two-part mini-series), and meanwhile our dog was outside in the garden, separated from us by a pair of sliding glass doors. The first part ended, and my mother was peering out through the gaps between her fingers, absolutely horrified at the scenes where vampiric children come knocking on the windows of their friend/brother - and right then, the dog tapped her claws on the glass wanting to come inside. You should have seen my poor old ma jump... ...she leapt, she was so terrified!

I know it's cruel to laugh, but that was one of the funniest things I ever saw...
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:26 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I first saw part of it as a kid, on the sly from around the corner of the living room, while I was supposed to be in bed sleeping. Possibly one of the worst ways to see a movie like that, scared the living hell out of me and I couldnt seek any consolation from parents because it would require me diving headfirst into possible days of grounding or worse. A very long cold Michigan winter night that was, trying not to look at the windows, rationalizing every squeak and creak of our old house. I luckily was not attacked by the undead that evening, but that was one tough night for young Sam. Saw it several times in later years, and I still think it's unquestionably one of the best and most genuinely creepy horror films I've seen to date.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:16 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

i can say it is alien1 when i was 8years maybe.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:47 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I'm going to change my vote to "Big Momma's House" ... absolutely terrifying.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:29 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

"The Wizard of Oz" as a four year old. Yup, The 1939 classic. I was so frightened by Margaret Hamilton's Wicked Witch of the West, with her screeching cackle that my mother let me sleep with her for six months--it remains one of my earliest memories. I was so traumatized that Hamilton's famous witches screech still sends chills up spine today.

I didn't see the TWoO again until I was in high school. However, by then I was able to enjoy the film for the lush spectacle and technical achievement it presents.
Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:11 pm
Northchild
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Jacob's Ladder.
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:19 am
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
I'm going to change my vote to "Big Momma's House" ... absolutely terrifying.

I am with you in this!

"Big Momma's House" Heh.

Mammy it made me shaken!
Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:02 pm
Psycho
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmm... I think the movie that made my "cojones" hide deep in my pants and my soul run away from me was The Ring. Gosh, that chick was butt ugly!

Besides that, all the Steven Seagal movies scare the living daylight out of me!
Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:11 am
Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

I don't get scared by movies anymore really (sadly). Startled sure, but not creeped out scared. The Exorcist scared me the 1st time I saw it when I was 13. I snuck downstairs at 3am sleeping over at a friends...turned on HBO looking for a nudie movie and got the Exorcist.

But I did see one movie recently that gave me goosebumps and actually managed to scare me.

Session 9

It's fairly slow paced at first, but it's worth it in the end.
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:43 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I saw a Korean horror recently called A Tale Of Two Sisters which had me totally confused until the very end, and it was great - quite tricky to follow if you're not paying attention, but it all comes together well and the scary bits are absolutely brilliant. Recommended.

@Psycho, was The Ring you saw the US version? The Japanese original Ring is a lot better, and IMO the Japanese sequel is better still (I think it's pegged for a remake too, but trust me, the originals are the ones to see). Also good is Dark Water by the same director (and wouldn't you know it, this is being remade by Hollywood too).
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:25 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

the most scary movie i ever saw was "the THIR13EN ghosts"
totally terrifying
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:44 am
Sly Boots
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm not a big fan of the blatant, blood guts n' gore type horror flicks. I usually find myself looking through them, analyzing how realistic the effects look, or how they technically pulled off some elaborate flesh bursting disgusto scene.

I like subtler, more psychological "horror" movies. The ones that just kinda get under your skin. I think the best and one of the creepiest of the bunch is Picnic at Hanging Rock. Australian movie, made in the late 70's/early 80's. Directed by Peter Weir, the guy who did The Truman Show (with Jim Carrey) and Master and Commander (with Russell Crowe). Awesome movie.

Another "movie" that really creeped me out was the pilot episode to Twin Peaks, the TV series from the early nineties. Lemme just say I really did not look forward to walking into my bedroom when I went to bed after watching that, and I made sure as many lights were on as possible!
- Spinal Tap's Stonehenge
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:42 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Scariest childhood movie: Westworld . I was so afraid of the gunslinger that I slept with the blanket over my head for months.

Scariest movie I saw at a theater: Event Horizon. Made me jump in my seat.

Scariest modern day movie/TV experience: Band of Brothers.

I haven't seen the rest of movies you mentioned except band of brothers.Why did it scared you.I've seen all the movies.I think it was 12 .

Anyway I don't see any nightmares any more(due to movies) or sweet dreams either.

I only see nightmares but they have nothing to do with movies.Thank god they are not very often.

I was scared when I was a child but that doesn’t apply anymore.The most fritting thing(not movie) I've seen in my life was a nightmare I had cause of a movie I've seen I suppose . I don't want to talk about it.I was socked .I couldn't understand where I was for 10 minutes.
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:25 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3