Usergroups
Bug affecting all dragons ... (spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yes, I did read that topic, unfortunately after I made this post, so I didn't want to do a double post over there as well

As for damage, there's one thing which annoys me in the game - why the HECK does every damn golem and troll and dragon kick you back through the air like that. I agree that they are such a "solid" creatures, that a smack from them can kick you back, but only SOME ways back. As it is now, this is annoying, it was better in Gothic 1, where you did get kicked back few steps. Sucks so much, for example, in rock fortress get hit by the golem, fly at the wall and bounce back at the golem, who hits you again. And then, you will remain bouncing there, forever, like a basketball ball, without any chance to do anything at all. Now if you can fix that knockback to be more reasonable, I'd be happy.

Anyway, post the link to your 'module'. Does it have included some detailed readme, which describes all the changes made? The small ones what I can do through Marvin-console are easy and I have done them already, but as was said, it's all temporary.

And yeah, there are always some little issues, which are difficult to see ahead. For example, that "targetting point" - I once killed a troll (luckily non-important mob, although I DID need it's teeth) and it fell on a stone pillar. So basically this troll was lying there, stone pillar through it's body, as if it was impaled by it. Neat to look at, however the bad thing was that this pillar went straight through that "target point", thus rendering the troll impossible to loot. One small pillar, at a wrong spot, and I was totally unable to loot that huge dead troll. Bummer. Also, someone on these forums also had one issue once, when he fought a fire dragon and it was chasing him, sorta, and when it died, it fell half-way into the wall - guy was unable to get the heart, scales and blood off of it, as again the "target point" was inside the world geometry. Takes only a little thing to mess up big time

But yes, I am interested in your 'mod' and will gladly let you know about additional ideas, if you wish
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:15 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm pretty good thinking Whailor
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:31 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

By the way, I have done "testing", so to say, to see about this 'flying hit' and I think that when it comes down to players, it's overdone. Numerous times, with very different NPC, I summoned the mobs which do such hits and NEVER saw any NPC fly through the air like I did, at best they were hit some 3-4 steps back, like we used to in Gothic 1. Only char who was sent flying through the air was my char, player char. And I ran many 'tests' with same NPC, different mobs, and with NPC's in various locations. So I personally feel that this 'flying' thing is overdone and needs to be toned down and well toned down. If it can be done, that is.
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:14 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2