Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Min requirments?..do they even check...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread

to see if the game is playable at those settings?...it gets worse and worse every year.
Oh yeah!! the min requirments are 400mghz and 128 ram...and it's playable...only if you run low details...no sound...no music and you don't mind slllowwwwww...frame rate.
Come on people do you pay good money to play a game that you will think play on your medicore (500 or so) machine...only to find out you got ripped off...again.
As far as you people who are having no ( or little) problem look at your machines most of you have double the min. req to play...it should do your dishes also...
I'm sorry I am just frigging pissed off anymore about the computer game makers sense of ethics anymore, don't they believe in truth in advertising anymore?
Do they think we will upgrade everytime a game comes out?
I have not gotten the game yet..don't know if I will
specs.
500 mg
256 ram
SB live
64 video card
and I am not going to pay good money for a game that "MIGHT" work..or if it does it will run so slow as to not be enjoyable.
I know know..one of you are going to say well upgrade!! or get more ram or a different vid card...WHY? I meet the reg to play this game and from what I have seen nobody with my level of machine can play it...just doesn't make sense.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:13 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Not advices from me, just expiriences:
My PC:
800 MHz TBird
256 MB SDRAM 100 MHz
32 MB GForce2 GTS
Soundblaster Live
System - WinXP

Running at 1152*864*32bits
Deatails, visible range - all on max.

Running without any problem, without slowdowns and without crashes.

P. S.: I am not paid form Piranha Bites
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:35 pm
non-euclid
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

500 AMD cpu
64mb GeForce 2 MX400
320mb RAM
Soundblaster 16

My game runs like crap. I'm a bit ticked off, as I wouldn't have bought it (yet) had I known how slow it would run. As it is, it will sit on the shelf till the far off day of my eventual upgrade.
If you don't want to upgrade, don't buy the game.

[ This Message was edited by: non-euclid on 2002-01-15 16:09 ]
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:08 pm

Thats what I am talking about..you have more than the min req. for the game, yet you can't play it until you "upgrade"....
Thats not right...you believed you would be able to play the game when you bought it...and you expected you might not be able to have details maxed etc...but you probably have everything on min..no sound etc and you still can not "enjoy" it..
And unfortunatley you can not return software (except one or two places) but then again you did not think you would have had to either...
And it is not only this game...many others on the market have misleading min. req levels...and I think it is sad.
And for the poster you said you had a 800 mghz...Well isn't that nice(for you at least)..I was talking about people who have 400 to 500 and even 600 machines who can not play this game.
800 is twice the min req. so it had better play...sheesh.
One more thing if you have a 1 gig machine please don't post and say some thing like I have...
1.5 gig
512 ram
etc etc...and I have no problem, runs smooth..etc etc
Well!!! no frigging shoot!!! you should be able to pilot galaxy ships with those damn things...
And please don't say well you just need a better comp...are you going to buy me one?
Sorry...I am just getting carried away...
I am going to go buy it (because I am bored, and NWN and MorroWind AND!! Dungeon Siege does not come out until spring...)
and I just got a another 128(so thats 384 or so)and I will get it(the game) at Babbages(they have a decent return policy)
And I will look at getting another chip ( they are not really expensive anymore)..
BUT!!! I should not have to do anything to play...and enjoy this game as is....

A
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:37 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I agree, that if they write somewhere min. requirements, it should by PC on which you will be able to play with everything on min. It is not good (it is lie) if they write min. requirements and mean PC on which you will be able to run but not play this game.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:44 pm
Aelhyn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Play the DEMO 1st to make sure.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:49 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-01-16 15:37, Anonymous wrote:
And please don't say well you just need a better comp...

I have one good recommendation for you: buy better CPU
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:39 pm
Lady Avalon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't think it matters what kind of computer you have. I thought I would have no problems with this game as I met the requirements and then some.

I have a Compaq 7AP195, 1GHz AMD Athlon, 128MB memory, 60.0GB hard drive, 16MB NVIDIA TNT2 graphics and sound blaster audio. I am running Windows ME.

I can play just about any rpg game with no problems and this one I can't even get to work on the very lowest resolution and details.

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:39 am

ive got a 1.4 ghz athlon with 672 megs of ram and a VOODOO 3 it works schweet
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 3:59 pm

Lady Avalon, the reason that you cant get decent framerate in Gothic is because you have a NVIDIA TNT 2 card... try upgrading to a geforce 2.. or even a geforce 3, for better performance.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:43 pm

propellerhead
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

so you think you have problems? try playing battlezone 2 with a pentium 100 with64 mb ram...those were the requirement.....I couldnt get it to work on a 450mhz system
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:41 pm