Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What's the best enchanted item you've created?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Loremaster
Village Leader
Village Leader

For a good guide on how to trap souls and enchant items, look here:-

http://home.austin.rr.com/shakti/morrowind/mwguide.htm

But bear in mind that contrary to what it says in that guide and elsewhere, you don't need to trap a soul until after the fight is over. As long as you do it with a fresh corpse (could be within 60 seconds of death, not sure) soul trap will work and it avoids messing around during the fight. I've trapped many a soul that way, and currently have a Fiery Steel Katana that does about 20-25 damage per strike at a cost of 3 with 165 charges.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:01 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

If your a mage the travel gal in Balmora sells spell. If a fighter buy scrolls called gem feeder.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 1:05 pm
Rhys

Wella...

...finally got my paws on a Golden Saint soul, so I made Rhys' Ring of Regeneration: +2 health and +4 fatigue, constant effect. VERY handy, I must say.

-->Rhys
Post Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:20 pm

Tiercel

Rhys,

I'm curious: Where did you get the restore fatigue spell? I've been everywhere (or so I thought) and checked everyone's spell list for it, but can't find it. I want to create constant effect restore fatigue shoes.

Tiercel
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:31 am

Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

New Enchanter

Just started the game with Enchant after seeing these posts, so I've just started to try enchanting. Made two moderately cool items.

1. Glove of Control: Gives me 15 ft. TK for 10 seconds. I use it to swipe items.

2. The Big Ol' Hammer O' Justice: (Yes, that's really what I named it). Paralyzes for 5 seconds on hit. Blunt Weapon is a secondary skill for me, and this was the cooloest way I could think of to raise it.

Plus, I have plans for creating the Dueling Glove.
Effect: Provoke Humanoid.
God Bless Homer Simpson.

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:57 am
Rhys

Woops...

Tiercel:

Quite honestly, I don't remember. Many apologies! The +2/+4 does seem to be a good amount for a ring o' regen (and to be honest, that's all an exquisite ring would hold or I might have tried for more); I can run all day but jumping and fighting still lowers fatigue, and I don't have to worry about downtime healing but battles still take my health down quite a bit. I was able to "do Kogoruhn" unarmored melee-style, but had to use potions during some battles, so it's a nice "makes the game easier without making it a total pushover" item (like the Robe of St Roris seems to be).

I wish I'd known how good Kogoruhn was for souls, though--won't spoil with too many details here on the general board, but some critters were worth twice as much as a golden saint!

-->Rhys
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:17 pm

Sand

I'm still at a low power level (level 15, Enchant in the 30s, doing items by myself), but these are the items that get heavy use. All of them are around level 5 or so.

Walking Pants: Restore 59 Fatigue for 1 sec. Very useful when traveling outdoors.
Healing Shoes: Restore 20 Health for 1 sec. Saved my bacon more than once in combat.

My next planned item is a Water Breather, although I like the idea of a TK glove...hm, maybe TK on one glove and Open on the other.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:39 pm

Tiercel

Sand,

Where did you find the Restore Fatigue spell to use in this enchantment?

Tiercel
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:02 pm

Tiercel

I just made a better levitation amulet.

My Amulet of Levitation moved at 5-6 speed for 19 seconds a shot.

My Amulet of Zooming moves at 30-40 speed for 22 seconds a shot. Now I fly as fast as I run.

Oh, yeah.

Tiercel
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:46 pm

Jellyfish

Found the Star of Azura last night, used it to trap a golden saint soul and made a Daedric Shield of +26 strength - constant effect! Will never need another soul gem again!
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:45 am

Tiercel

I finally found the Restore Fatigue spell! (Check that thread for where I found it.)

So the first thing I did was take my Golden Saint soul and my exquisite pants and made...

Pants of No Panting

Constant effect restore 10-20 pts fatigue. Wow. That green bar does not move.

I tried the enchantment myself a few times, but even though I'm at 100 skill on Enchantment, it always failed. I finally took it to an enchanter and shelled out 32K to have it done.

But it's done!

Tiercel
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:07 am

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Definately not the most glorious of enchantments, but the game got to be so much fun now...

Ring of Night-Eye
Constant Effect Night Eye, magnitude 90

I tried 100 at first, but everything was too bright. I am constantly plagued by dark screen, so I found 90 to make things very bright, but not too much so. Dungeons have never been the same, since.

Medallion of Invisibility
Constant Effect Invisibility

When I made this I hoped constant effect enchantments would mean they get redone if ever they are undone. But that's not the case. If you have a constant effect summon, when your summoned critter dies, it won't be resummoned. You need to re-equip. Same with invisibility. The moment you perform an action in the world, your invisibility gets undone, until you re-equip the Medallion. This is a big balancing factor for me though. That very feature makes this not an uber godlike item, but certainly makes life easier. Especially if you wanna dungeon crawl but don't wanna fight. Equip your Medallion and just walk throught the dungeon casually. Check out what's where, what monsters await you around corners... Then plan your attack. I mostly enjoy this item because I hate being scared. And dungeons can sometimes do that to me (dark, crawly, creepy, monster infested, ambient sound plagued, etc).
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:35 pm
Rhys

Heh

Okay, very obvious item, but I liked the combination of constant-effect water walking on a pair of exquisite pants: Rhys' Exquisite Waders.

Somehow, the idea of finely-crafted and embroidered waders just amuses me. Ah well. I'm very easily amused.

-->Rhys
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 4:15 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

My best enchanted item is my Silk Skirt of Manliness... It has a constant effect that adds 1-59 STR (I chose 1-59 over 30-30). It took me about 70 tries, but I did get it to give me a full 59 boost.
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:06 am

A NOTE ON CONSTANT EFFECTS

FYI - to create an item with a constant effect, you need a soul gem with a value of at least 400. You can go into the editor, look under the GamePlay Settings menu for the SoulGemConstantEffect value and bump it down as far as you like. Then just save the Mod and start crafting!
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:46 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next