View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

My Suggestions for Framrate fix

Alright, here are my specs and yes, I ran into problems in the beginning too:

Athlon XP 1800+
Soyo Dragon Plus DDR MB
512 MB DDR Ram
Geforce 4 Ti4400 128MB DDR with those leaked .90 beta drivers.
Windows ME
40GB IBM Deskstar HD

Game Settings:
Max Resolution---Doesn't seem to affect frames after 800X600.

Max Draw Distance-----My systems seems to handle it fine now.

No Realtime Shadows---Doesn't seem to really affect visual quality much.

Quincunx AA----If your card can do it at decent frames, by gods do it! I never paid too much attention to AA since I play FPS a lot but damn it makes a world of difference in terms of visual quality.

Okay, so what allowed me to play at pretty much mid 30 fps almost everywhere with such settings on? Go to www.gamecopyworld.com and check out the no-cd patch for the game. Personally, I don't like these things since they hurt game companies in terms of piracy. However, this one still requires you to have the CD but it takes the safedisc routines off and WILL boost performance. Its a shame safedisc is failing so miserably by crashing games and robbing performance. In fact, after installing the patch, the game runs smoother than ever! And it hasn't crashed on me once since then. Hope that helps out guys.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 10:36 am

Peregrine

I don't quite understand the hangup people seem to have about framerate. While fps may be of some value when discussing first person shooters, I don't really see how it applies to most other games. I haven't had a bit of any kind of choppiness in Morrowind, I could see correcting for that, but people just constantly checking their fps seems to be a little excessive, we're not competing for high numbers here.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 11:25 am

MamoVaka

Pregrene

Dont you get it man? framerates that are too low are visually annoying, even nauseating. Try walking around town at fps of 9 and you will quickly see what I am talking about. it's just not so much fun is all. Walking through town with these major choppiness is enough to turn me bald!
Post Sat May 04, 2002 4:28 pm