7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Which Race Will You Choose?

Which Race(s) will you choose?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:31 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I am still quite in doubt, as I am splitted between a Human and Undead Mage, but I voted Human, as so far the scales tip to that the most.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:18 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

My plan is to create one character of each race and class (each race having a different class). I'll then proceed to level them all equally. This is especially helpful when raiding. If my guild is lacking a certain number of clerics, for example, then I'd need merely to load it. When it comes time to actually play, I may only keep my characters on the "good" side equally leveled. I generally stick to good races, since that's my role-playing-personality. However, I love the idea of having a Tauren as a tank. I love Orcs, too. The Undead Mage looks brutal, also. What I might do is create a guild that branches off into two groups. Good vs. evil. I'd merely select a lead-officer to head the evil side. This will depend on the grouping and communication systems incorporated in the game. I'd much prefer good and evil classes to group and co-exist together. It'd make managing a guild much easier. On the other hand, good vs evil would make for more uniqueness, challenge, and ultimately more player-to-player fun. To rid myself of the communication problems, I'll eventually need to create a level requirement for the guild. But that won't be anytime soon (after WoW's released). Either that or there will need to be a skill requirement. I was even tinkering with the idea of creating a unique language available only to my guild (members would need to be required to learn it). But that would be too complicated to start off with. It wouldn't be very feasible either. Perhaps I'll just select one of the more "uncommon" languages and make it a requirement for all members to learn it.

Anyway, there won't initially be any requirements. Naturally, the first priority after founding a guild is to create growth and public awareness. After that comes respect, superiority and uniformity. Pride is another major importance. It's bad to have members who aren't loyal. It sometimes causes revolts or the creation of a different guild from within your own. (Some of the newbs from my first guild in EQ recruited fellow members to leave and form a newbie guild. This was partially my fault, since it was early in my reign and I tried pushing for change too fast. Believe it or not, a system of voting is important. Every member needs to eventually --sooner than later-- feel like they have some authority. Rewards, gambles, events, etc, are all important.)

I got off track a bit. I'm mostly looking forward to playing Human, Orc, Tauren, and Elf.

PS. I'll announce the start my guild sometime in Q2 2004. It'd be good to gain some popularity and public awareness before the game is released.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Last edited by SirDeity on Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:37 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I think my first character will be a night elf warrior.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:07 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Probably Troll, Undead and/or Dwarf.

Although, I agree that it would be good to have several chars and shift between them all. Which will not only come in handy in guilds, but also when multi-boxing, especially early in the game.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:06 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

My main char will be human.
But i will also play as Orc,Tauren,Dwarf and Night elf.
I will also have another human who will spend all his life gamling and drinking at the Inn's.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:14 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

That sounds cool.
Btw, I think that humans by now have the coolest racial bonuses - they will gain extra skill points.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:53 pm
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I also like humans too, but when Taurens get plains running... They don't even need a mount they are so beastly! And yes a Tauren tank would be so cool, and their Native American style villages look so good too.
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:32 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I think that I will go with Humans (finally) for now (imo first when the game is released), and most probably will try out Undead later, I so much want to see and feel the "athmosphere of a ruined land" that the gamespy editors have written all about in their recent alpha coverage.
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:12 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

I also really like the dwarves as they are stereotyped as scottish, and walla. im scottish!
Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:21 pm
Cold Flail
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Man, I think many people go overboard with the guild thing. They think it's about having a hierarchy, and to some it very well could be. but I think a guild should just be a few good friends with a common name. But... I'm thinkingI'm going to throw down some Night Elf to start then maybe an Orc. but in good time I'll have one of each I'm sure.

Look for Kagemusha in WoW, he'll be the night elf hunter shooting an arrow at your heart
Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:13 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Guilds should be about fun, role-play in my eyes. But if people want to take the next step and go for glory and power, good!
It adds a new theme to the world. But it didnt in horizons, the guilds were not role-playing and it ruined the game having ten thousand guilds on one server .

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:16 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Well, I have already joined a guild (the European Empire, if anyone wants more info, send me a PM) because I think it is the way to play a MMORPG. As far as I know, most other MMORPGs are not very enjoyable for a sole soul, unlike WoW, but I think that guild adds a whole new dimention to the game. For the time being it sounds fun in World of WarCraft, and I am sure it will be.
Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:34 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

What does this topic have to do with guilds? Who managed to make that transition?

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:44 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Im not sure how i will fit race into guilding.
But i know for sure that my main character (Human) will not join a guild for a while.
I like to solo at the start and discover the world a little for myself.
My dwarf will also not join any guilds as he will be my main role-play character, also my "Bum" character, yeah the one who will lay about the Inn's and waste his coin on drink, yeah the one who will spend all his life savings gambling.
Just hope its as good as it sounds.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:10 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next