FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Greyhawk - The Temple of Elemental Evil (PC, Single-Player R
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Psyrus

I loved Troika's work in their first venture: Arcanum. I've never played D&D, but I'm really looking foreward to some great open-ended gameplay from the designers of Fallout. This game is full of potential.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:31 pm

mattheos

this game sounds really cool!
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:43 pm

chrisbeddoes

This game will rock. <br>At last a good rpg with the 3rd D&D rules. <br> <br>
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:05 pm

Demiurgos

Being both a great Troika fan and an (over?) active D&D player, I'm really looking forward to this. Things are looking good!
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:29 am

crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

This might be the first D&D based title to get me excited in years. I'm not a big fan of the way Bioware/Black Isle interpret the rules, but Tim has been
a D&D junkie for a long time. I thought Arcanum was fairly fun, although the interface sucked big time. I played Arcanum until my character maxed out his level and combat became to tedious to put up with. I think I reached the mages city before getting too bored. If Troika can clean up the Arcanum interface and make sure that the level cap isn't reached too quickly, I believe the game will seriously rock. It sounds HUGELY replayable too, which is a nice perk.
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:19 pm
Sagnarelle

I'm really looking foward for this game! This is the first D&D games that look really cool, I mean I was very disapointed by NWN, anyway if they can make the game as great/fun as the Baldur's Gate serie I'm buying! Also a true 3rd edition D&D ( NWN 3E was a joke, more like Hack `n Slash with Dice) conversion to PC I'd like to feel I'm playing DND, BG was okay but he didn't have to ¨DND playing thing¨ I dind't feel playing DND with BG. Anyway this game is sure to be in my hand to day they it the store!
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:57 pm

Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Right now I can’t named one thing I wouldn’t like about this game. If is going to be half as good as I hope it will be, then this piece will be on my hard-drive for couple of years.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:54 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

I agree with Seth. Game looks very very promising. I like almost everything about it, especially turn-based battles. For me, there is only one "but"... Flaeness is very cool, but I like Faerun more

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:00 pm
hoyp::.

The only thing missing in this game is an editor.
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:32 pm

Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Since game is single player only, there is not much use for editor.
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:28 pm
RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah...this one looks promising. good to see the party system coming back.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:23 pm
Wastelander
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Looks great

Though it should be noted I am still skeptical it seems to have just about everything I like in a game. There are somethings that are just to good to be true... like having everything I like in a game for example. Currently it is too early to make a judgement on the game itself as I haven't played, for the obvious reason that it is not yet released. However I do think it will be interesting in playing in Greyhawk because it will be new experience and, quite simply, Forgotten realms seems too overdone in the PC industry (I believe one of the reasons people liked P:Torment so much is that it took someplace truly different). So I hope to see how Greyhawk is depicted to be in this game. At the very least the game promises to be unique in this time of bland, realtime, hack-and-slash, run around powering-up, solo army killing, mindless mouse mashing, computer "role-playing" games(which thanks to NWN you don't even have to mash the mouse in anymore as it automatically attacks). Whether this uniqueness will be a good thing has yet to be seen.
That said and all aside anything with "turn-based" in its description deserves a look.
And this concludes my first post on RPGdot, while I am at it let me say hello.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:41 am
RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Has anyone actually beta-tested this one yet?
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Looks great

quote:
Originally posted by Wastelander

That said and all aside anything with "turn-based" in its description deserves a look.

Though being turnbased doesn't necessarily work, remember the combat in Wizardry 8, truely awful!.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:33 am

Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Re: Looks great

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
quote:
Originally posted by Wastelander

Though being turnbased doesn't necessarily work, remember the combat in Wizardry 8, truely awful!.

Personally, I really liked the combat in W8. While some of the battles were a little long for me, I found it rewarded proper tactics.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:25 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next