Usergroups
killing people
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Well, while in my official games I am the upstanding, fair and just Hero-d00d...
but in between my saves Im a-robbin' and a-stealin'
Now if these guys have lasting memories then so much the better, it will help curb me from swaying to the dark side.

I think everyone should play a game to the best of their own abilities before using marvin modes and inserts and stuff...after you complete it first time, hell, you can restart the game and marvin mode yourself until you have enough money and goods to opne your own shop
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:06 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

I played the game 4 times before I used marvin mode, the bad thing is, with marvin being in g2, the temptation will also be there...

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:10 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

I have to agree with "iron man likes asparagus". Just to know that you can easly cheat your way into the game is enough for me to do it. In Gothic 1, I learned the cheats after I found 3 of the 4 focus stones. (The old mastery). I cheated once and it was just to attempting to hit the F8 every time I died.
I will try to play Gothic 2 without using any cheats though.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:48 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Also, I wouldn't pay a small fortune buying a game just to cheat through it, where's the enjoyment in that?

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:08 pm
WeaponX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So many ways to play, I love it.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:11 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I’m more of a purist. I don’t use cheat codes in my games. The closest I come to cheating in a game is multiple saves…I play games for the challenge of the win and I always play in the hardest mode. Where’s the challenge or skill in cheating. Can’t find a certain quest object??...No problem, I’ll just Marvin one up and problem solved…Not much skill needed there.

Sylvio
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:53 pm
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

I tend to agree with all of you in certain points. i finished Gothic 1 5 times before i even learned of the cheats. the closest thing i had to cheats was a small walkthrough of the sleepers temple part of the game. i got stuck for 3 weeks and it drove me to complete insanity. i couldn't figure out the arrow target thing and needless to say it ticked me off. anyway, now i mostly use the cheats to rename people and objects. i have an axe that i bought from www.museumreplicas.com and i named it "King". so i had to rename Lares's axe to "King". plus i renemaed my character to "Jrax" and took some cool screenshots. of course i made myself an ore baron just so i could say that i was an ore baron. i never really give myself armor and weapons cuz i know where to get free armor from anyway, plus i can beat up Sharky or Wolf or one of the Rogues for a good free weapon. the cheats are fun to play with but im not really dependant on them, they'er just fun.

BTW: i see you like the avatars that i sent in Bartacus

Broken in Exile
Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:18 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Re: Murder & Mayham...

quote:
Originally posted by Ragnar
I think that slash and dash takes way from the game. I find it much more challenging to try and not get into a fight. I fight to survive another day, not to rape and pillage some poor 'ol farmer and his 'ol lady pick weeds in there garden. I met Wolf last night and he seems like a nice guy, even thought me how to use a bow...

Yeah i know what you mean, i'm kinda nice guy so most friendly npcs don't need to worry that much.Besides when I'm going first time a game through i like to play it fairly.That means I don't beat every merchant up because i need something.Its much more rewarding to work for the ore(or gold etc) and then use the hard earned credits the way i like..If i just mug everyone, game becomes way too easy.

Infact Being a bad person should make game harder someway.For example beating up Wolf should make some difference how he and other newcampers take an attitude against me.if I beat him,I would carry the consequences.It would make sense that he wouldn't train my skills or trade stuff with me anymore.He wouldn't even make that minecrawler-armor either(atleast for free).He could even tell some of his friends and then they all would take a revenge some way..like trying to ambush me at night:)

However what really made me beating the poor old Wolf countless of times was the shitty trading system,itself.I'll hope that Pb has tried to fix this atleast.I just don't have allways so much patience as i have good will.. .
Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:19 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Scribbles : "BTW: i see you like the avatars that i sent in Bartacus"
I want to become a high shadow of the shadow usergroup, so this was definitly the best Avatar I could use.

P.S. Nice work on the Avatar
NFG member
Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:11 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2