Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 Facts and discussion thread (06/04/04)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Does this post need to become sticky?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

How about riding the Bloodhounds from Gothic 1???
Post Thu May 27, 2004 9:33 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehm hello!!! wake up that would be like to ride The Sleeper
Post Fri May 28, 2004 4:30 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
ehm hello!!! wake up that would be like to ride The Sleeper

Yeah, I know. Of course I meant tame ones! Just like you can't ride a wild bull elephant, but a domesticated one is a different story. Then again, the whole world for G3 is different and I'm sure they will come up with something creative if they do go the 'creature transport' route at all.
Post Fri May 28, 2004 6:47 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Bloodhounds are also in Gothic NoTR, but you can't ride them
Post Fri May 28, 2004 6:58 pm
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I personally wouldn't like ride-able creatures in any Gothic. In the start, actually travelling through all the stuff is fun, and is one of the important aspects of the game (ie. you can't just go in the wilderness and teleport away as soon as you see something bigger then you can chew). On the other hand, soon enouhg, you'll get an 'arsenal' of transport runes, and you'll be able to get to most places without too much of a trouble... More monsters repopulating (even if you don't change chapters) would make all those travels somewhat eventful, and not a jog-through-forrest affair.

Post Sat May 29, 2004 12:47 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I personally like creatures that you can ride more than teleport runes.
And teleport runes should be reserved for mages only, as a merc you can't use a circle 1,2,3, ... rune, and you shouldn't be able to use a teleport run.
Post Sat May 29, 2004 7:12 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Yamcha
I personally like creatures that you can ride more than teleport runes.
And teleport runes should be reserved for mages only, as a merc you can't use a circle 1,2,3, ... rune, and you shouldn't be able to use a teleport run.

imo transportation runes should be with every character cos if u remember allready u have been in first and second gothic a friend with all kind of mages + there are some teleport doors in the addon so i think they need to add the teleport runes in G3 also just to stick into the knowlege allready it wouldent be that logical that the hero dosent know how to cast spells
Post Sat May 29, 2004 9:12 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Well, if they put in animals they should at least (like VPeric said) let more monster respawn, because in later chapters it would only take more time to get from A to B and in that case you could faster use a teleportrune.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 9:39 am
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I've been thinking about something... if the world gets really big, there's bound to be several monasteries and temples, so a teleport system similar to Morrowind might be used. Its a good point that Mercs shouldn't be able to use runes, therefore, they should still be able to get some means of fast transport, and thats someone else teleporting them. Therefore, a merc can't use a rune himself (he isn't a magic user) but still has means of fast transport. Of course, that is just an idea, and I prefer my first one, with monters respawning and stuff like that.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 11:13 am
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

More Gothic 3 info from the latest Gamestar issue. Short interview with Mike Hoge on a number of things. Here's what he said about G3 (translated from German):

quote:
Q: Gothic 3 was officially announced meanwhile. Can you give us and the numerous fans some information on it? What will be the biggest differences compared to the predecessors?

MH: The world will be more open, the goals are going to be more defined/clearer and overall there will be more options/choices for the character. Still, many things will be similar and we'll keep the elements that proved to work well, improve them and make things more versatile. Of course, there also are already some concrete, new elements, but we don't want to unveil them already now.

Q: One of the points to be criticized about the Gothic games were the controls. It took some time to get used to them. Are you going to implement a new approach in Gothic 3?

MH: In deed, the controls didn't appeal to everyone. And the inventory (handling) was simply crap. In Gothic 3 you'll be able to use the mouse to choose items and whatnot. You can also "click monsters to death" a la Diablo if you want to. Of course, you can also use the common keyboard controls if you prefer that. We're definitely going for an extremely configurable interface.

Q: Are you going to meet some of the familiar characters like Diego or Lee again?

MH: Of course!

Q: What do you think is your target audience? Hardcore RPG fans or casual gamers?

MH: To date it's more the hardcare fanbase, but we're not too far from reaching the casual players, too. Gothic 3 will hopefully achieve that. However: dear hardcore fans, don't worry! Everything will be alright!
Post Sun May 30, 2004 12:08 pm
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
You can also "click monsters to death" a la Diablo if you want to.

AAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I think the mouse is totally unneeded. It takes vey little time to get used to not using it. I trully hope they don't make it like Diablo, because one ofthe best things in Gothic is that you actually have to fight your own battles, not just wear out your mouse clicking. Lets hope they change their mind on this...
Post Sun May 30, 2004 12:37 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I really like the controls from Gothic, it's very easy to get used to them
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:13 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I nevr used the mouse, only to look around, I loved the controls they implemented in G1, used them in G2 too. But they are wright about the inventory, one was completely afwull, 2 was still awfull, if they used a diablo based inventory could be easier and suchs But not killing like in diablo
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:34 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I don't know why don't you like the inventory, it's simple what else do you want?
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:54 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well it should stack all the same items, like it does with ore and plants, it should do the same thing with weapons, but that's all
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:57 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next