Usergroups
Just joined, need advice!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
El Ratoncito
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just got this game a few days ago, and just joined the forum today. Impressive! However, I cannot seem to impress the last guru to join the Sect. It recommends I put one of his listeners to sleep, but HE is the one who sells runes and scrolls, and I can't talk to him before he talks to me... also, how do I go about getting into a magic circle? I can't seem to figure quite a few things out...
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:27 am
LMNtal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I got a sleep spell from a Sect member in the New Camp...You have to help him slang some weed, and as a reward he gives you some spells...Hope that helps.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:36 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

To get into a magic circle you just need to find the mage of each camp.
for the old camp, its Torrez, but you cant get to him untill youve enterd the inner ring (the castle) for the new camp, its that guy in the blue robe walking circles around the grate that looks down onto the ore pit.
To get a sleep spell you can either buy one from the mage at the new camp, or do the 'daily harvest' quest. goto were all the novices are mashing the weed, do the 'replacement for Ghorim' quest, then the baal standing their will get you to do the swamp weed quest, as a reward for that quest u will get a sleep scroll
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:39 am
Tempered
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

*spoiler*
From one of the quests in the sect camp you should have received a sleep scroll as a reward. Also, I wouldn't take the not talking part too seriously. I started lots of conversations with the Baal and it didn't seem to have any negative effects.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:40 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yea,
you dont actually need to impress the magician in the sect camp to get admission to it, (but u will need to later on, comes very handy, but maybe then u can get a sleep scroll easier? )
if you do the quest for the baals in the new camp, you can choose that baal standing out side lares' to help you to get into the sect camp as your reward.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:45 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Yea I'd say help out Ghorim and get the sleep scroll there and save the NC Baal for the other item
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:36 pm
El Ratoncito
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks to everyone for the help. Actually, I joined New Camp after this e-mail, because I decided a bunch of sect loonies were not right for me. Also, I beat the game, but I discussed that in another post.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 1:32 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

same day you posting on how to join a camp, you beat the game?

You might still be able to get a refund I think, probably didnt even wrinkle the receipt yet
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:56 pm
El Ratoncito
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Actually, it is 9 days after that post... but close enough to the same day =) Too bad they don't give refunds on open games, as gothic doesn't even need the CD to play.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:34 pm