Orc Temple Bug (Possible Spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
ekwhite
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Orc Temple Bug (Possible Spoiler)

I need a little help with the Orc Temple. After I kill Varag Hashor, I can't seem to use his sword on the Strange Shrine. It will sometimes light up, but the description doesn't show up. I've tried replaying from an earlier savegame, but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:56 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Re: Orc Temple Bug (Possible Spoiler)

Maybe downloading a patch and look if it helps?
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:09 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Strange Shrine???Do you mean the holes in the ground where the swords of the udead guardians fit?If I remember correctly if they light up none name appears you just stick the sword into the hole..anyway find all the swords and then try to put them to the holes again.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:12 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Not all the swords go into the stones, by the way. Some you just have to pick up for later use.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:35 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

You were right..the name appears and its strange shrine.
And now it is where it gets critical:Did you encounter HIGH I repeat HIGH Temple Guards????If yes,are you in a room which loks up when you get inside,it has three switches,a Stange Shrine and a purple skeleton skull on the floor???If yes then the solution is the next:Turn IN ANY ORDER all the 3 switches.At the first 2 switches 2 Lesser Demons appear.At the third switch an undead guardian appears named Varrag-Kasorg and his sword its called Blade of Light.Kill him take his sword and then you will be able to unlock yourself from the room.
Maybe I am talking about something else here so it would be helpful to share with us some more informations like: if you have talked to the undead guardian who cannot be killed with any weapon or magic and gives you 1000EX after retriting to find a Stronger Weapon or whatever would be helpful also answer to my first question.
I hope I helped...
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:40 pm