Usergroups
Uh... help.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Yesterday I bought a bow and equipped it. So now I have a bow and a sword equipped but I can't figure out how to use the bow. when I hit spacebar I pull out the sword. So how do I use the bow? Also I'm getting beat down everytime I challenge one of the fighters.
What LVL do I need to be to win the fight? When I hit him it doesn't even do any damage? My sword does like 20 damage and I am at sword skill LVL 1 and have put about 8 points in strength. What do I need to do?
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:38 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

When you want to use the bow,press 2.
Same will happen when you "equip" magic,it'll get a number,that number equals the key to press.
Once you've pressed it,the space bar will be for you last picked one.(so if you press 2 you'll get the bow when you hit space...when a scroll runs out it'll default back to sword though)

It takes a bit of luck and so on...don't really remember when I whipped a person...think I was about lvl 5 when I kicked.(don't remember name,from NC is in OC and sells stolen stuff)
Strength...wild guess 30 or so...and you better make sure you get first punch in.(only had diggers trousers too which didn't help much)
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:53 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

If you want to beat Kirgo without a ton of save/re-loads you'll need:
1-H Master (for speed)
40 str (buffed or base)
Heavy Diggger Pants (for survival)

Im not saying you'll crush him, Im saying you'll survive a combo (maybe two) with the pants on. Wether you are going to be mage/melee/archer you're gonna NEED 40 str. If not for Kirgo, then for ...other things later on in the game. 40 is the magic number. More is better, less is ineffective.

Or you could do another quest, the challenges only yield 100 then 150 exp, could find a better use of time to get a guard to speak for you and to get more exp.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:21 pm