View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > RPGDot

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

RPGDot Joins Forces With Jolt.co.uk

Greetings,

starting today, the RPGDot network will be part of Jolt, Europe's largest and most popular privately owned and independent online gaming network.

Despite the change of ownership, many things will stay the same; our name, the staff of the sites, our independent style and unbiased reporting. That is what we bring into the Jolt network, and that is what the Jolt network wanted and wants from us.

Some things will change; it will be possible for us to offer you downloads; there will be options for game servers, we will bring you even more coverage about RPGs and MMORPGs, a faster server that will handle the load more easily and much more that will be revealed in time.

Jolt has been founded and is run by gamers like us. They have the same culture of independence, and we consider them ideal partners for the growth of our network. In two months of intense discussions and negotiations, we have made sure that this step will be beneficial for both sides.

I sincerely hope that you see the changes in the way we see it: as an opportunity for RPGDot to grow faster, become better and offer more. When we started the sites nearly five years ago, we had the vision of becoming the most respected RPG news network on the internet. We think that we have taken the next important step to make these visions become reality without compromising the virtues that brought us to where we are now. Give us the time to prove to you that these changes are for the better. We are convinced they are.

Rendelius
CEO RPGDot Network

Last edited by Rendelius on Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:36 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Sounds fantastic to me, though IMO this already is the BEST RPG site on the net thanks to you and your top class staff. I'm sure this will not only continue, but grow. I was intrigued by the mention of servers for games. Quite a few of us already play NWN together, and there are PW mods available too, all of which open a myriad of possibiliities. I'll be eagerly awaiting more information about this option. Congratulations on this bold new step; my best wishes for even more success with the wonderful RPGDot network!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:53 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by corwin
Sounds fantastic to me, though IMO this already is the BEST RPG site on the net thanks to you and your top class staff.

Is there another RPG site? (Most of the times it's part of a bigger forum or it's not an English one or it contains just one game.)
NFG member
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:51 pm
GhanBuriGhan
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

If this partnership helps to make RPGdot offer better service (for ecample a faster website and to grow, and the staff is behind it, I can only agree that its a great thing. I dont know Jolt admittedly, any more info on them?

And I agree with what has been said before, you already are the best RPG info-site on the web. More in-house reviews are my only wish, because they are usually really good, but sometimes come a little late to help in a purchase decision.

Carry on!
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:50 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Jolt is something like Krawall in Germany. Maybe a bit bigger.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:20 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Krawall?, never heard of it either...
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:25 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

You made RPGDOT into what it is today, so i got a the faith that this new step will be the best for the futere of RPGDOT.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:04 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

To answer whether the staff is behind the move, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're all very excited about this move. Especially for MMORPGdot in particular as far as I'm concerned!
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:18 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

This is as already stated the best place and has the best people, so if you say it is good, I trust your judgement. I don't think you would have worked so hard up to this point to loose ground.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:49 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Jolt is something like Krawall in Germany. Maybe a bit bigger.

Strange that I have never heard about Jolt, if it's even bigger than Krawall. That's something
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:26 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far. Yes, Jolt is like Krawall, bigger though and expanding to the US as well. It gives us some nice opportunities, and it will certainly help us to get a wider audience. As I said in my initial announcement, the most important thing to us is that the staff will not change, and that the quality you are used to get will at least remain.
When I say the staff will not change, I should say that we will try to get even more editors on board, mostly because we will certainly do more new subsites and offer additional services and features. Someone stated that we have too few reviews, and I agree. We will try to change that, too, to bring them more often and earlier. But this is a matter of manpower.
You will see certain changes in the next months, the most obvious will be a layout adaption to bring RPGDot and Jolt closer together regarding their skins. As far as I can tell now this will not be RPGDot adapting the Jolt layout, but rather taking the best of both worlds and merging it together.
At the moment, we are still running on our own server, but will switch to a better and faster server cluster soon. One of the things I am looking forward to most is our new possibility to offer you larger and faster downloads. This is something we will work on over the next months. Yes, months - don't expect those changes to happen rapidly, we want to do the right the first time .
Please watch our front pages for further announcements.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:40 am
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Sounds like a great choice, congratulation. Can't wait to see the new changes and by the way in my opinoin this is the best RPG/MMORPG site on the web. Good luck and lets hope everything ends up being for the better which it greatly sounds like it already is.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:52 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

I hope that only improvements come out of this for you guys.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:35 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I am very excited about this, so good luck in the transition!
Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:54 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I was just wondering are we going to be able to keep the skins layouts as are? I hope so, but you may not even have things sorted out that far yet. Just curious.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:49 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next