Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Dungeon Siege (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Yarac

Just downloaded the latest promo video of this game from a German gaming site and was stunned - anyone else think this game looks like a 3D version of Nox?
Post Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:32 pm

rendelius

Yes. And that's something I really like
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:04 pm

Tina

correct me if I am wrong - CANT save MULTIPLE SINGLE PLAYER GAMES. <br> <br>FOR $ 50.00 at least diablo allowed that. <br> <br>My kids wiped out each others games. <br>
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:18 am

uptaphunk

Actually, you CAN save multiple single player games. Each user will need a different login (under XP or Win2K) - if u are using a non-user protected environment like Win95/98 you are out of luck.
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:35 pm

Don

I love the game, would find myself in it for HOURS straigt. But had a problem when I was shutting down the computer and unplugged prematurely before DS fully closed and the game has not run since. Tried reinstalling then totally uninstalled and reinstalled, all no go. Probably not the correct place to post this but if any one can direct me to the proper place for help I would be grateful! Thanks! <br> <br>Don
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:51 pm

Lonewolf1044

<br>Dungeon Siege has a lot of potential, but it does not have features that I believe should be in this game due to it size. It should have teleport spell so you can teleport to any town or village. it does not have to be permanent. The camera view is confusing. <br>need more spells, and Like to know the level of characters playing with me. The game is worth 8 out of 10.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 5:34 am

Zebulahn

I have Win 98 SE and i CAN save multiple single games. I already have like 3 different files and my brother has some too. <br> <br>The camera view isn't confusing at all since you can adjust it.... and there are a ton of spells. <br> <br>if you have technical problems you should post at the forums at www.planetdungeonsiege.com. the developers go there too.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:59 pm

Digital Boy

It seems odd that i cant message people in multiplayer mode when they are in a game, I've tried multiple times but it just dosent seem to work. If were both out of a game or in a chat room it works fine. Also why do i have to look for a game to join from this huge list of games that constantly has to be refreshed? how annoying! Give me a window where i can just type in the game name, yeesh. The game lets you save a town hub when you come across it yet it won't save the displacer towers? why? to annoy us further? its working...
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:20 pm

Papa Stinkos

DS is pretty crappy.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:24 am

DK47

DS Rocks!!! EXcept for the fact that I cannot get a donkey in mult. player. Am I an idiot or can you really not get one in mult. I bought the stradegy guide and it seems to be only useful for single player and weapon/spell info.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 5:10 pm

charman

Dungeon Siege specializes in flashy hack and slash combat. For those of you that knew this when you bought it, you've probably had a great time with this game. Don't look for a story or any other sort of depth. Great graphics and nice camera angles (once you get used to it). Monster AI could really be improved. 8.5/10
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:15 am

garrett

Imagine, how wonderful DS would hav been, if it would have offered Baldur's Gate gameplay
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:41 am

Paulbearer

DS is a great game. The problem with some people is that they try to compare it to Diablo and it's not Diablo. They won't stuff in it that they had in Diablo. If you want Diablo go back to Diablo and stop trying to make this game Diablo with better graphics because it's not. There are similarities (Hack and Slash RPG), but DS is it's own game. I love the game and true there isn't much of a story, but they are already working a new world they is supose to come out before or with the editor. Also, the editor is going to take this game to new heights. The game is very good and long, when you play this game you are in owe ALOT of the scenery and such. The character leveling is great and not a typical pick and number to put a point into. I usually don't post but, i just get tired of some people cutting this game down because it's not LIKE Diablo; just remember it's not Diablo but a game of it's own and that's what makes it great.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:32 pm

bRoMpLiCaTeD

Dungeon siege is a really really cool game. Well, I didn't really pay for it, I mean I wouldn't pay 50$ for this. <br>But I'm up to about 10 hours of gameplay on it and I'm really enjoying it. I find myself playing 3-4 hours at a time, missing homework, dinner, and phone calls from human beings. <br> <br>Yes it IS similar to Diablo in so many ways, but then again it's different. <br> <br>The single fact that EVERYTHING is 3d and looks so beautiful is a definite plus. <br> <br>The combat system can be a bit awry, I find myself staring at the health bars of my characters more than the fights' themselves at times. <br>But when I actually DO take a look at the fights I feel very, very entertained. <br>DS does a great job of the addictive nature of RPGS, with a wide array of items, armor and spells. <br>I like how the characters are dependent on skills and not "level". <br> <br>ALl in all, Dungeon siege is a great game, I wouldn't pay for it though. Not enough replay value, grossly repetetive at times, sluggish performance even on a god-like system. <br> <br>But still, the pure fun of hacking through a bunch of monsters watching the blood fly everywhere, collecting that new shiny armor, and watching 3 simultaneous "Your character has improved in this skill!" and watching Your pack mule run away from monsters. <br> <br>THe Pro's outweigh the cons. <br> <br>If you REALLY liked Diablo, and would like a prettier, somewhat more deep game. <br> <br> <br>I would pick this up
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:23 pm

rpg king

Dungeon siege is the best hack and slash ever made.... beautiful graphics, good sound, etc. <br> <br>It's quite linear which is not necessarily a bad thing. I do have to take a little bit off because of the somewhat weak story and lack of creativity in locations I have seen thus far. <br> <br>Remember in diablo when you met the butcher for the first time? I have not felt that yet in ds.... <br> <br>grade 8.5/10
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:54 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next