Gothic 3 general
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Gothic 3 general

When will be gothic 3 game demo ready? Is there some good video abaut gothic?
Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:05 pm
landlord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Look for anything you want about gothic3 here: www.gothic3.com.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm quite good in both Gothics.
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:16 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Gothic 3 is not even at alpha stage, so the demo is obviously several months away.
A few videos were mentioned in our news. You can find them through the games DB.
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:21 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, i can wait, cuz the german version will be finis in the first mounths in 2006. And they say, that the other versions (like english and the other important ones they can't make it all languages!!) will be ready abaut 4 weeks. So it isn't so very long time. But i have two main questions....
Will be there shields in gothic 3? Cuz it is better and much easier to block with sields...?
And i heard, that the controls and the game overwiev will like an action game's. (When i play with games like this, i have a stomach-ache ) But there will be a classical gothic ,,style". Is this true?
Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:15 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ok, ok. So nobody knows. So it will be a surprise. I heardabaut the camps. There will be a camp for the King's men, and a desert camp, and some kind of prisoners. So as you see i don't know much abaut it... I'll be glad if somebody tell abaut it. (what abaut the brotherhood? Is it lost forever? Are they return to the old gods? Or all of them became mad?)
Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:34 pm
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I wouldn't place too much faith in "what they say".

There will be shields in Gothic III.
They will have the classic gothic controls as an option.

We'll have to wait for the game to see the story unfold
Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:49 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Gaidal Cain
I wouldn't place too much faith in "what they say".

There will be shields in Gothic III.
They will have the classic gothic controls as an option.

We'll have to wait for the game to see the story unfold

ok. This is good. But we will hav a look at it in the gothic demo. Of course the gothic 3 game only can be better.
But now i found sth. abaut the caracters. So there will be 2 sides:
the good (the humans)
and the evil (and the orcs)
So firstly we have to choose our side. If we chose the orcs, we will be the human's enemy. But if we choose the humans, we will have the orcs for enemy. I only know abaut 3 camps,(human camps, i don't know abaut the orcs, maybe it will be only 1 orc camp) The king's army, the desert (and i think there will be the prisoners too ) and the brave northern warriors. And maybe there will be a camp in some kind of rainforest. And we have many ways to do the quests, but no matter which side is ours, we have to destroy the great evil.
Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:25 pm
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The great evil = Xardas.
Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:11 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Yeah wait till its out and will see for sure but they said they made the controls more simple with the action using the mouse and they also said you can use the old controls as well im gonna try both wich ever one i like better i'll use more then likely the new control system.
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:45 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Gaidal Cain
The great evil = Xardas.

Yeah, but not only Xardas. Yes we have to continue our war with Beliar, But the Sleeper has only be banned. So hewill reaturn. But if my memory is right the Sleeper is returned in gothic 2 ending... I think Xardas said. But one mor thing, we'll meet again with our old (uhm...) friend Ur-Shak Everybody knows, in gothic one he help us to fight against the Sleeper. No! He say if he must he will fight againt Krushak. But he don't have to... In gothic 2 Krushak has been banned, and Ur-Shak is working on it to be accapt to the high council (of orc shamans) again. So in gothic 2 he greet us polite, but the ending is not so good at all. He say whe we meet again e are enemies. Now stranger go over pass. Soin gothic 3 we meet him again i think, when Krushak will be aweaken again, and he will be our leader. (but i'm, not sure) So if i think it right in gothnic 3 there will be Beliar, and Beliar's army, and Beliar's chosen one: Xardas. So it don't look like easy. But maybe there will be Krushak, and if he will be there, we maybe have to fight against to him. But not sure.
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:26 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I think that the release date has got soon enough for a demo. Will their be a demo might the right question be.. So, will their be one?? (AFAYK)
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:15 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
I think that the release date has got soon enough for a demo. Will their be a demo might the right question be.. So, will their be one?? (AFAYK)

As far as i know there will be a gothic demo. (i read it some places) So i hope the demo will only answer questions like this. But i'm not sure they will transentlate the game demo. maybe only later.... But i can wait til the full game will be ready... But if i get the demo earlier well.... I'll try it.
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:23 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I think that if their will be a demo, English and Dutch versions should be out together, for the fact that their are only a couple of lines in the demo considering the full game.
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:28 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'd like to see different-language subtitling become commonplace in games, with new subtitles available as a downloadable add-on. I personally would like to experience games in their original language with subs... and many good games have been spoiled by poor English-language localisations (I'm not referring to Gothic 1 or 2 there, though).

So, in the case of Gothic 3, we wouldn't have to anywhere near as long after the initial German release, and I wouldn't mind one bit hearing the dialogue in German. In fact, I'd like it - it'd be different.
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:10 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I really hope they won't be in a hurry with gothic.... If they will hurry they won't finish it well, and gothic won't be as good as it look like
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:45 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next