Usergroups
Which camp is the strongest??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I'm sorry but all you SC guys seem to be only looking at the battle in the ideal situation for the SC. The OC would not be stupid enough to send its guards against immortal templars on their own when just two Storm of fire spells can kill a Sleeper enhanced Templar. The damn SC would either be banging at the OC gates and getting fried/archered from above or they would be sitting in the swamp camp (Which is stuck in a ditch, what worse place could you have for defence?) and the same would be happening. By the time they got out of the camp and ran up that hill they would be lucky to have 25% forces remaining.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 am
Baal Meatbug
Village Leader
Village Leader

Too bad all the mages ever use is fireball or fire bolt... besides, they could just stand back and let the gurus knock down the walls with storm fist
Poor NC... nobody likes it
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:18 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I like the new camp. I just dont think they have a chance.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:29 am
Stefano

orc temple warriors

The orc temple warriors are really nothing if u lure them one by one and use the "deah to undead" spell...and u should have learned at least 4th circle at chapter 5 even if u began as a warrior

about the new camp: don't forget the thugs outside the camp and that they are excellent with bow and crossbow
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:55 am

HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

I think the camp that end up in is the strongest since at the end I could kill everyone who was not immortal.
About the new camp being unorganized its only the rouges who are unorganized not the mercineries. And they probably have the same AI as everybody else so it wouldn't make a difference.
Anyway they seemed pretty organized to me. When i killed one of them they all started shooting at me.
And new camp has the better mages, water armour is better then fire armour. The OC killed their mages anyway.

But in the end the OC would win hands down.
Don't forget they have the immortal babes.
All the other fighters would get distracted(remember they havn't seen a girl in a long time) and lose the fight.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:58 am

lol, first off the OC has what..5-6 mages? those mages alone using their crappy fireball spell couldnt kill all of the apoc. templars before they got on them, oc mages are disregarded in that aspect, and the fact that you say the SC is a bad defense position is ludacris, if you have 20 OC units running down a bare flat hill with no cover, 6 baals using fist of wind with 2-3 apoc templars and 10 templars infront of them, do you think the OC guards could get close enough to kill even one person? not to mention that if were talking assault, whos to say that they would have 10 templars waiting in the trees/swamp water to jump behind the units and kill them all before they know whats coming? and another thing that no one has touched on, whos to say that the sleeper wouldnt enchant the entire camp with power in order to survive so that they may free him? and about the NC, i really dont think they would stand a chance unless they were attacked, except mabye against the OC, because the OC sucks
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:09 pm

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Tsk tsk. Now do we have a little Camp War here, huh?

Following the flow of the game OC pretty much decimated themselves or got themselves whacked by Me, but so did the sect loonies with their apocalyptic templars. The only camp that didn't get razed by Me was NC, so in terms of the game NC would be the winners...
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:13 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

*Flexes his level 42 muscle* Well, if were considering all of the players, i killed everyone in the game except for the necro, fab4, and sect camp.. whadya have to say to that?
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:29 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I killed nobody with the exception of Jackal and his two colleagues at the Free Mine gate, and those just so Gorn didn't get his dirty hands on them. Now which was more difficult?
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:44 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

FAO: Guest

If you read my post again I didnt mention anything about sending in melee to wipe out the SC.

They are in a stupid position because they are surrounded by high ground, and as I said in my post they will just rain firey death and arrows from above. So either the SC templars/gurus would just stand there and die, or they would have to run all the way up that hill to get at the archers/mages and lose approx 75% of their forces on the way.

And when they do finally get up that hill the melee's will be waiting to wipe them out.

As I said in other previous quotes, if the OC has good tactics, the mages will concentrate on the melee resistant people first so that only normal chars are left to run up the hill.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:04 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
FAO: Guest

If you read my post again I didnt mention anything about sending in melee to wipe out the SC.

They are in a stupid position because they are surrounded by high ground, and as I said in my post they will just rain firey death and arrows from above. So either the SC templars/gurus would just stand there and die, or they would have to run all the way up that hill to get at the archers/mages and lose approx 75% of their forces on the way.

And when they do finally get up that hill the melee's will be waiting to wipe them out.

As I said in other previous quotes, if the OC has good tactics, the mages will concentrate on the melee resistant people first so that only normal chars are left to run up the hill.
No!
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:06 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

What do you mean no? Where are your counterpoints?

Is this you?

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame44.html
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:10 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I mean that 75% will not die and YES that is me when I just waked up.
His latest, a hit

Written by - dteowner

Last edited by DzD on Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:12 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Well I didnt mean you looked like that. Read the description and you will see what I mean.

75% was just an estimate. Needless to say if that situation did happen, a LOT of SC forces would be lost before they managed to engage the enemy.

All this is of course assuming that the OC managed to surprise the SC.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:14 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I read the text too. I am like that when I wake up. The OC mages and archers can´t shoot that far and if they could they would have been killed by the orcs.
His latest, a hit

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next