Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Here's the solution to Climbing Ladders!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
test4ECHO
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Here's the solution to Climbing Ladders!!!

Hello all. First off I'm really enjoying Arx and can't wait to finish to start all over again. Now on to the problem I had. At a certain point in the game in the Dwarven Mines I found I needed to climb 2 ladders. I should mention that this was on the PC version 1.17. The problem I had was I could not climb either of these ladders. I got lucky with the first one and manged to get up onto the landing where you proceed to crush the black beast. What a relief that was. The second ladder I was stumped about. As hard as I tried I could not get up the ladder. After 1hr 30 min of trying everything under the sun, even reloading saves and trying to build something to stand on, I began my search on the web. Now after 3 hours of searching I came across one little tidbit of information that was useful and never dawned on myself to try. Here's the ladder trick:

If you use a mouse, as most of us do, you must forgo this method and simply use the "UP ARROW" key. After I did this I could easily move up and down the ladder using either the mouse and jumping onto the ladder or again just using the "UP ARROW".

So, if anyone else get's stuck at this point with the ladder try this little trick and maybe it will work. Good Luck!!!
Post Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:32 am