11/29/2002 England, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia Release
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

11/29/2002 England, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia Release

Ok im a little confused and wanna clear this up if any know's.

When they work on gothic , when they do the voice acting do they work on both the german and english voice acting together , or do they do it after the german voice acting is done and we gotta wait like 6 months later like the first one.

Jowood's site says Australia and Englad , they speak english there so they have to ship the english version gothic 2 there right they cant send the german one right? So then it must be the english and german are gonna come out almost the same date around right? I dont know anything about the english gothic 2 , im not german so i need to know about the english one
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:53 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

I can't answer the question directly but I've learned over the many years that nothing is set in concrete until it's done. Those dates would be the best reflection of their intent and the information they currently have but problems with the voice recording or last minute bugs can always add a delay. Until it's gold, no-one can guarantee the shipping date.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:55 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

yeah i know about the release date , but i mean it says on the offical site of jowood that it comes out november 30th to austrilia and england , and it says november 30th for germany and those places , they also said the game is as good as done just finishing the audio recordings s it must be next month i just mean if the site says november 30th for germany and austrilia and englad it must mean that both english and german version were worked on simutanulously or how u spell that , u no what i mean? so i hope they both come out around the same time causew i dont wanna wait till 2003 for gothic 2 english version it be not fair
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:54 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Hehe, relesae dates... Duke Nukem Forever, anyone? Or what about Prey? Anyone still remebering Prey. I looked forward to that game soo much, but then nothing. Or Halo to PC? Or Mafia. They said it would ship with multiplayer. Did it? No! Mafias official support is a very good example on how to not treat paying customers. If Gothic 2 hits the shelves 29/11, I for one will be very very surprised.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:56 am
Dhruin

At least Duke Nukem Forever is prophetically titled...
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:16 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

still doesnt answer any of my questions any one else
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:51 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Oh, but it does. When the game is finished, it will be released. And when it has been released, they realize that it wasnīt finished at all, and then comes a new era of waiting. The Waiting For The First Patch. And when that is released, immediatly begins the next phase The Waiting For Yet Another Patch. And so it goes on, until someone decides itīs time to announce that Gothic 3 will be released within the next decade or so. I think you get the picture by now.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:03 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

im asking if the austrilia and england version of gothic 2 will be in english since they both have the same date , i dont care about the date i was wondering about the english version you tart..
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:07 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Complicated question. Are England and Australia English speaking countries?
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:15 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Depends on wich part of those countries you mean. I donīt think that aboriginees(sp?) speak english as their native language. Wales and Scotland have their own weird accent that can hardly be understood with basic english-knowledge.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:11 pm