Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Brilliant game getting unfair reviews! Gothic lovers come!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

I posted my review...

Brak
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:39 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Good review Brak! Joseph's review is also good. Everyone should go check them out. Good job!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:32 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

its not released in the US because atari sucks and a year is a long time for any game even though its only a month old for english speaking people
but a year does not seem long when the game was so advanced for the time it was made that it still seems amazing nearly a year later there fore it is an old game that still seems new
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:14 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I consider a game new when it hasn't even been released everywhere yet, or when the game is sought after so much that it's not even in stock in some locations... GoGamer.com has it in back order... they ran out of copies because it's such a popular new game. We obviously have a difference of opinion here, so let's just agree to disagree. Whether something is new or not is probably just a matter of perspective.

PS. I'm just curious, are there any Gothic lovers here who also love the Baldur's Gate series?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:23 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

agreed, and i never got to play the bg series whenever i see a copy in a store i either dont have enough money on me or my jackass bro somehow manages to talk me out of it
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:04 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

If I were your brother I would probably try talking you out of buying it too . I didn't like it. It is a very successful game though. I was only asking because I'm curious if many people like both RPG-styles. It seems in my observations that people either like one style or the other, and rarely both.

Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:26 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

eh i like both but i perfer the ones like gothic over ones like diablo
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:05 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe i am a big fan of Diablo series but a very big fan of Gothic series
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:08 pm
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
I just posted my review. Go here to check it out:

http://www.pcgr.com/reviews/roleplaying/product_1903.asp

Being my favorite game, I gave it an honest 5 in every category. I look forward to seeing some of you guys's reviews too! Kiwi boy, Jaz, Gorath...!

To everyone else: If you enjoyed Gothic 2, you owe it to the developers to post a review so others can see it and hopefully be persuaded to buy the game for themselves. The more copies of Gothic 2 that are sold, the better Gothic 3 will likely be! Be honest in your reviews though!

You want me to be honest with my review? Don't expect any sky high ratings from me, then...

A review by Nicklas Bertelsen (who happens to be me) will be up soon..
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:52 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2