New man for Morrowind.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

New man for Morrowind.

I'm really a beginer in Morrowind, i am going easy in it, but there is trouble when it's about fighting little beasts(like rats and that thing in the wild), i use the long blade and i feel it's useless against these beasts, so if there is any tips about fighting in Morrowind, i welcome, plz. help.
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:54 am
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

Now am a morrowind master i can give some help...

First of all, we need to know you race and your abilities then we can tell you what to do, for i.g:

You're a fighter: you train for some Drakes and get better weapon..

You're a wizard: train your magic abilities and then go and hit the dirt...

You're such a loser: Don't go out!
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:06 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Who asked for your help, when you finish the game, i'll ask for your help, the eplaining:
my skill in the ong blade is 35, isn't that enough to kill some rats, i can't kill them(the fighters guild 1st mission), is there any problem killing small beasts with the long sword and another thing what is better: swinging from the begeining or keep pressing the swing button and then release, i don't have any armor, Where is the chest of the fighters guild(That provide us with weapons, potions and other things).
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:24 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Now, now, no need to be rude!

35 long blade should be enough to kill normal rats, yes. Be warned that their diseased and blighted brethren can be a little tougher! You won't find any of them in Balmora, though.

What's your strength? That's used as well to determine your combat effectiveness - if it's very low you'll have problems hitting things even with a high long blade. As long as we're talking 30+ you should be okay.

Is your weapon in good condition? Badly damaged weapons don't work as well as well polished, sharpened slivers of steel.

And the last but most important question - what weapon are you using? Are you sure it's a long blade? Note that daggers (like the one you get at the beginning) are short blades, so your long blade skill won't have any effect.

And on to your questions:

• Small enemies can be hit just as easily as large enemies - it doesn't look like the engine cares about that kind of thing.
  • You need to hold down the attack button to get maximum effect - different types of weapons require different lengths of time. A long blade should need somewhere between a half to one full second. If you just tap the button to attack, then you'll be doing very little damage indeed.
  • As you're in Balmora, I suggest dropping into Meldor's armour shop (just around the corner from the Fighter's Guild). It's worth investing in the strongest cuirass you can afford - it provides 40% of your protection. For light armour Chitin is good value for money, if you use medium I'd go for Bonemold, and if you're a heavy armour user I recommend a trip to Caldera. None of these armours are the best in their class, but they're very good value for money and easily obtainable at low levels.
  • Each Fighter's Guild has a similar chest. In Balmora you'll find it on the ground floor, right next to the door. Don't expect to find much there - it's just a few items that might help you get started. If you don't want any of it, take it anyway - you can get a few gold coins by selling it.

Happy adventures!
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:09 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Now, i'm good against these small things, but one more thing, how can you locate the directions(East, south, west and north.)????
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:18 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Look at your map.

A small piece of the map should show in the right lower corner of your screen, and a full map should show when you open your inventory.

The little arrow: that's you. Now look where it's pointing:
North: Up
South: Down
West: Left
East: Right....
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:18 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Thanks for the help, guys.
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:09 am
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
Who asked for your help, when you finish the game, i'll ask for your help, the eplaining:
my skill in the ong blade is 35, isn't that enough to kill some rats, i can't kill them(the fighters guild 1st mission), is there any problem killing small beasts with the long sword and another thing what is better: swinging from the begeining or keep pressing the swing button and then release, i don't have any armor, Where is the chest of the fighters guild(That provide us with weapons, potions and other things).

Hey you, if you don't wanna anyone to help you then don't post for help..stood?

And one more thing: If you don't want ME to answer your question please type a comment in the bottom of the screen which contains:
"Please Beliarsclew don't post here am not asking you for help, ah ah" and then i'll not post...stood ************?
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:57 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

This isn't a kiddie flame forum, gents. If you pay attention, you'll notice that posters at RPGDot act like adults and show each other a little courtesy. Behave yourselves so that I don't have to become nasty, OK?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:07 am
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

No, it's not ok!

Cus he asked for help then he should accpet everyone help!
Try to make some sence!
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:54 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
Originally posted by Beliarsclew
You're such a loser: Don't go out!

Somehow, I don't think that this is the advice X-dANGEr was looking for. Insulting someone is not helping them. Therefore, if you would like to help others, then I would suggest that you work on your bedside manner. Be polite, concise and respectful. If you don't want to be that way, then don't post. 'Stood?
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:32 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Well, I am not a mod, but I have gotten tired of reading sarcastic, personal attacks here on the boards between you two. Personally I don't know or care who is at fault for starting it. I just have one request. Could you both ignore each other from now on so the rest of us don't have to dread seeing your names on a thread? You don't have to like each other, and you don't have to answer each other's posts. This place is suppose to be fun for all of us, so remember your statements are being seen by many. Please?
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:36 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Beliarsclew
No, it's not ok!

Cus he asked for help then he should accpet everyone help!
Try to make some sence!
Actually, I think it is OK. I don't care who started this round in your little war-- I'm finishing it. We have a level of maturity here at RPGDot and it will be maintained. It's exactly this level of maturity that allows me to ignore your little challenge.

So I'll ask nicely one last time. Please refrain from flaming in these forums. Ask questions politely. Give answers politely. Nice and simple.
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:26 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Ok guys, i'm sorry if i bothered you, but did anyone see that i ignore his flaming, i didn't reply, so why are you saying this to me, plz. , Btw: is there any swimming creatures in Morrowind.
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:41 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
Who asked for your help, when you finish the game, i'll ask for your help,
That's where you could have done a bit better. Learn from it and do better next time. That's all I ask of both of you, to be honest.

There are a few underwater monsters you can find.
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:30 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next