Elder Scrolls 4 (PC/XB360) New Download @ Official Site
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Elder Scrolls 4 (PC/XB360) New Download @ Official Site

Oblivion Downloads has the newest add-on arrival for both PC and XB360 versions of Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. This time, it is the Wizards' Tower and it can be purchased for $1.89. Visit the store <a href="http://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatalog_ProductList.aspx?SubCategoryId=1" target="_blank">here</a>.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:45 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Beth seems to have stolen a modder's idea almost verbatium, there is a thread on this in the offical modders forum, started by the orginator of the mod Beth ripped off.
Trying to keep up with a thread there is nigh impossible, even after a month threads get buried within 5 minutes.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:49 am

Problems with official mods

Note also that MANY people, myself included, are having trouble with the official mods not being able to be installed. They hang on the product activation screen. Lots about this in TES forums, including a few suggested workarounds, none of which worked for me.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:17 am

What kind of a moron would pay for these they should be free evil greedy americans the least they could do is include a free fatning unhealthy mcdonalds meal then tons of americans will buy the mods (cause you how much Americans love their mcdonalds meals)
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:02 am

Actually I can't stand Mcdonalds and for this download I would have rather had the nif exporter then this piece of junk.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:26 am

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

quote:
Originally posted by Acleacius
Beth seems to have stolen a modder's idea almost verbatium, there is a thread on this in the offical modders forum, started by the orginator of the mod Beth ripped off.
Trying to keep up with a thread there is nigh impossible, even after a month threads get buried within 5 minutes.

I LOVE conspiracy theories - they are nuts - and most of all, they are as far from reality as they can be.

First of all, a Wizard's tower is hardly a unique new idea, it has been done a couple of times for Morrowind and is part of nearly every D&D setting.

Second: The one for Oblivion has been in the works at Bethesda before Oblivion was released.

And "pooooff" goes your crude theory.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:29 am

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
What kind of a moron would pay for these they should be free evil greedy americans the least they could do is include a free fatning unhealthy mcdonalds meal then tons of americans will buy the mods (cause you how much Americans love their mcdonalds meals)

Niiiiice. Greedy. Evil. Fat. Unhealthy. I'll tell you one thing. You come here to California you won't find anyone in the whole state as biggoted as yourself.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:38 am

Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just feel sad that you got a place of your own in Morrowind for free(fortresses), but in Oblivion you have to pay for it.. that just isn't right.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:28 am
Sid Fynch
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
You come here to California you won't find anyone in the whole state as biggoted as yourself.

http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096410414

"Nature uses as little as possible of anything.”
Johannes Kepler
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:10 am

quote:
Originally posted by Sid Fynch
quote:
You come here to California you won't find anyone in the whole state as biggoted as yourself.

http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096410414

lmao now just add a gun a mcdonalds meal and a cheap 2 dollar paris hilton whore and you got America.

But seriously these mods should be free.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:37 am

Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

" they are as far from reality as they can be"

Umm I hope this nonsense makes sense to at least you.

"First of all, a Wizard's tower is hardly a unique new idea"

Duh! Really?
I am glad you took the time to explain this, because it is rather obvious the rest of the world never know these things unless you pointed them out.
Oh and by the way did anyone in this thread ever mention a wizard’s tower was a new idea, gee wiz I sure don't see that.

"And "pooooff" goes your crude theory."

Yeah, and you just keep greasing yourself up and telling yourself you understand and know everything cause the world fits in your bowl of crisco.

Btw I would have looked it up, shouldn't be to hard, since most all the modders in the Mod forum agreed with the guy and was quite a long thread, as I recall.

The idea that this modder new exactly where Beth was going to put their wizards tower, use the same name and much more is well by using your obsurd logic a conspiracy theory.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:38 am

The thread does not seem to be on the first few pages in the forum, and I have no time this week to go thread hunting, so could someone please put a link to it here?

I would like to know what to think of this, but right now, I do not even have the time to play Oblivion.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:12 am

Hmmm

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
quote:

I LOVE conspiracy theories - they are nuts - and most of all, they are as far from reality as they can be.

First of all, a Wizard's tower is hardly a unique new idea, it has been done a couple of times for Morrowind and is part of nearly every D&D setting.

Second: The one for Oblivion has been in the works at Bethesda before Oblivion was released.

And "pooooff" goes your crude theory.

So, hey Pooooffy face, how much are beth paying you?
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:08 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

quote:
" they are as far from reality as they can be"

Umm I hope this nonsense makes sense to at least you.

"First of all, a Wizard's tower is hardly a unique new idea"

Duh! Really?
I am glad you took the time to explain this, because it is rather obvious the rest of the world never know these things unless you pointed them out.
Oh and by the way did anyone in this thread ever mention a wizard’s tower was a new idea, gee wiz I sure don't see that.

"And "pooooff" goes your crude theory."

Yeah, and you just keep greasing yourself up and telling yourself you understand and know everything cause the world fits in your bowl of crisco.

Btw I would have looked it up, shouldn't be to hard, since most all the modders in the Mod forum agreed with the guy and was quite a long thread, as I recall.

The idea that this modder new exactly where Beth was going to put their wizards tower, use the same name and much more is well by using your obsurd logic a conspiracy theory.

Look, friend, just two things: Bethesda started working on the Wiz tower before the game and the CS were out. So common sense tells us that they couldn't have stolen a modder's idea if they were first, right? Given that a Wiz Tower isn't a nifty new idea, but common in RPGs, this allegation is even more stupid.

Second thing: Even if every single person on this panet believes that Beth stole the idea from a modder, it would be a wrong belief considering the facts mentioned above.

How do I know that Beth worked on the Wiz tower beforehand? Easy. Oblivion was feature complete in Summer 2005. Horse armor, orrery and Wiz Tower didn't make it into the game due to the deadline. But they were there in concept, and even partly in terms of models and quest layout.

What REALLY happened was that a modder had an idea for a wiz tower, and worked on it not knowing that Beth already had one planned for release as DLC.

That should be easy to understand, hopefully even for you.

Edit: Just an idea to help sorting the facts out: what is your _proof_ for the alledged idea theft?

Last edited by Rendelius on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:19 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

quote:
Originally posted by Hmmm

So, hey Pooooffy face, how much are beth paying you?

Come back when you have something meaningful to say, kiddie.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:20 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next