Usergroups
Nature vs. Combat Mages
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Has anyone else noticed that since you don't seem to get a skill boost for healing nature mages progress VERY slowly compared to combat mages? You can, of course, have them zapping or etc. to do some damage to raise their skills, but due to the intense combat in the game I find healing is very important. Anyone else find this, and think you should get more of a skill boost for healing?

-v
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:19 pm
Aprogas
Village Leader
Village Leader

The spell Flash does major damage especially at higher levels. Summoning creatures can also help with raising your nature magic level. With Flash (and later Lightning Blast or Shock Wave) and the summon spells I have no problems at all with leveling my nature mages.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:46 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, exactly Vaticice.

I use two battle mages and one healing (natural) mage.
My battle mage is at level 22 in combat magics, my healing mage is at level 13.

He does nothing else than healing and he is very useful.
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:01 pm
Quedmar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Nature Mages

I basicly used my nature mages as Combat mages using lightning then lightning blast. I had 2 nature mages
Post Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:53 pm
ShadowMage
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In the early levels, the nature mage is levelling a little slow in comparison to my combat mage. But with Flash, I found that both mages rose approximately at the same rate.

And later in the game, you get Lightning which really helps you level.

But I couldn't have completed that game as good as I did without the buffs og healing spells my Nature Mage did. Simply lovely.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:24 am

when i finished the game my combat mage was lvl 53 and my nature mage was only 18............ flash uses to much mana so i dont use it... ice shards is better than flash.. no need for mana pot here!
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:12 pm

Jak_the_red

I sat my Nature Mage in front of a Krug Chucker for 24 hours on auto-heal, at a rate where his mana would regen as fast as he auto healed himself and went from level 6 to level 17. This helped a lot. I came back twice and adjusted the damage rate by wearing different armor.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:10 pm

Fionn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Nature magics

I ended my game with 2 nature mages and 1 combat mage. Let your nature mages switch of. Give them flash and let them level off really quickly. I had both my nature mages by the end level 40ish or more and finally had the game where i no longer needed heals for my melee. Let the casters swap off, healing and casting. Make sure they level. If you dont spend money on them..they will be weak as hell. Your nature mages are your life support. Healing winds is awesome for large groups. In the end all you will need is one casting healing winds, and the other nature mage casting the Large heal that heals 545 points or whatever. Near the end you are good to go, and hell better watch out.

Ended up having my main which was straight melee, 2 other straight up tanks, 2 bow chicks, and 3 magic casters. The combination worked very well. Its rough in the beginning keeping everyone alive but in the end your group is more powerful for it.

BTW I know the miniguns are cheap from goblin caves, but if your bowzons can wield the minigun that spits out pellets or whatever..it really raises their levels fast.
Post Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:42 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

i have only played the demo and i honestly prefere the battle mage but i used a cheaqt to get in god mode when i made a nature mage because i was just curious of the ranks i would get when i leveled up....
Lestat
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:37 pm
Hwoarang
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When I played Dungeon Siege(it was a nice piece of time ago) I played with three fighters, one archer and two mages and both of them used only healing spells, because I recognized that is more usefull to have two healires and a good frontline.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:06 pm