Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
when is gothic ii coming out? Is it finished?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I want to start by saying that I want this game in my hands as much as anyone out there.

But, to play devil's advocate for a minute ; It would make sense if JoWood sent copies of the finished English version out to a bunch of English review sites before they released the game.

There have been many reviews on German sites, but not very many on English sites. They really should get reveiw copies out to more sites before they release it if they want to get maximum press coverage (which is good for sales ).

Release of an English Demo, (although I've heard they've said they probably wouldn't do one until after the full version is released), might also be a good idea from a promotion standpoint. I'm sure many potential buyers might be put off from trying the Demo because it's only out in the German language. I mean, let's face it, not everyone knows about this forum and would have found out about the translation file. And, the Demo's not even mentioned on the "Official" English Web Site! !

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, that as much as I'd like to get this game in my hands, there are a number of good reasons they might have for waiting a couple more weeks before releasing the English version. All we can do is wait and see and try not to go crazy with anticipation.

Personally, I'm hoping that they send out the review copies, release the English Demo and update the English Web Site one week (hey, I want the game to do well!) , then announce that the English version's gone Gold and has been sent out for mass production the next week!

A couple of weeks later we should have it in our hands!
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:58 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2