Usergroups
Monsters autoleveling?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I know that if my heroes levels are growing, random enemies groups consist of more dangerous, higher level creatures.

But what is important for me is this: is this rule used also for other monsters (for example for Dark Savant etc.)? I turned whole Umpany base against me and I was not able to fight with them so I teleported from there and now I am trying to train my characters. Will be those umpanis on same level when I return with stronger group or they will be also stronger?

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-01-27 14:23 ]
Post Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:22 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

My answer must be a no!!! The none Random encounter monsters don't get stronger according to your chartacter level!
I also chose to destroy the Umpani "airport", but very late in the game, meaning my characters was quite powerfull at that time (Level 22), and I kicked all the Umpanis a$$ although the fights were challenging.
Some random encounters get a little tougher according to your level, but nothing significant. At level 23-25 you can take on any camp, no matter how many they are!
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 9:32 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Good news...
But these groups they are significantly stronger than they were.
For example in begining I met between Arnika and Trynton several groups of 5 or 6 bugs with 20 - 30 hit points. Now I meet several groups of Jurgenauts with 260 hit points and strong attacks.
But they are maybe not random, they maybe apeare when you reach certain point in story. I do not know.
But good news for me, that I will be able to fight with this Umpanis when I train my chracters a little bit more (with my group on 15 - 17 levels heroes I am able to fight with several basic Umpanis with one or two Laitntants, but group of 4 Laitnants an 4 Commanders with pistols is too difficult for me).
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 9:56 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Yes, the Juggernauts are part of the story, so not really random encounter. You must carry an "Orb".!!!

Regarding the umpani officiers, they like to shoot from the distance with there guns.
Use the spell "Missile shield" to catch most of the shots, and the spell "Armor plate" against melee fights. If you got no Magic users who can handle these spells, then I guess you will get a harder time beating them, but it's still very possible.
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:07 am
Ramza
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmm i had that problem to...in the monastery i had killed some mini bosses and i gained some levels...then i went out and fought some spiders who were previously weak and now their levels have sky rocketed...hmm oh well..another mystery
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:29 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yes, I'm led to believe that random monster encounters will pretty much mirror your levels..example: When I left the monastery the first time, I did NOT clean out the little bandit camp near there ... The one with the gloves, the leggings, and the chest..However, I went out to Arnika (and gained a few levels), then came back. I was about level 7-8 now. I THEN went to the camp, and all of the bandits were like level 4-5...because they are NOT supposed to be a random encounter..however, when I went back into the monastery, all of the slimes and things were levels 7-9...the random encounter monsters DO level up...only to make the fights worthwhile..

Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 3:54 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I really do not know, because I returned to Monastery with my party with average level 20. And I met really really very weak monsters (one not powerfull fireball killed them all).
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:32 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Got the same experience as Danicek. The random encounters may get stronger during the game, but nothing compared to your characters. Returning to the monestary at level 15-16 was no match at all, eventhough the encounters had got a little stronger too.
This applies for the hole wizardry world!
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:42 am