Forgotten tidbits...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Forgotten tidbits...

There are a few things that I didn't do before finishing the game the first time. I'd like to finish these quests, and tasks this time around.
Also, little tidbits that had me confused.

-Finding Snapper claws for the dealer in the Upper Quarter. He wants claws of a Snapper "that's killed many men"!?!? Where do I find those?

-The lord of the Castle gave me a map of the Valley of Mines without the ore mines circled when I was a mercenary. But when I was in the Militia, he gave me a map that had the Ore Mines circled. Is this correct? Or was I bugged?

-Kardif told me that the fire mage in town had a chest full of goodies. When I raided his house, I found only crap. Where's his chest then?

-Dar wanted an Orc trophy. But I didn't find an Orc ring until I set sail to the island in Chap 6. No chance to give Dar the ring, was there another Orc trophy I was supposed to find?

-The Dragon Eggs around Khorinis. Any reason to find them? I never bothered going after any of them my first time finishing the game.

There are more tidbits that I'd like settled. But I can't remember them all right now.
I'll add as I remember.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:09 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Forgotten tidbits...

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
-Finding Snapper claws for the dealer in the Upper Quarter. He wants claws of a Snapper "that's killed many men"!?!? Where do I find those?

"Chapter 2 only" stuff, can be solved when you're doing the snapper quest for Fajeth. Fajeth is a paladin who guards one of the ore mines.

To find this snapper, right after when Fajeth gives you the quest, ask Bilgot where the head snapper is. Bilgot will tell you the location, but with one condition -- help him get out of the valley.

After you get Bilgot's direction, head to the old watchtower he mentioned. You'll see a Snapper Leader attacking you. Kill it and loot the snapper. You'll find the snapper leader claw in the snapper's inventory.

quote:
-The lord of the Castle gave me a map of the Valley of Mines without the ore mines circled when I was a mercenary. But when I was in the Militia, he gave me a map that had the Ore Mines circled. Is this correct? Or was I bugged?

Check carefully whether you bought it from Engor or Garond gave it to you. You might have both maps.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:38 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ah, chapter 2 only. I'm already in Chap 3.
That Ring of Invincibility would help.
I never thought of talking to Bilgot again after receiving the order to kill the snappers.

As for the map, I never had a map that had the mines circled when I was a Mercenary. My Valley map was given to my by Garond. I'm sure of that.
And as a militia, I never bought nor received a regular map of the Valley. I still don't have one. I simply use the map Garond gave me, that has all the mines circled.

And another thing: I still haven't found the Gin distillery. I'm sure that I've covered every inch of the map, high and low. I don't remember any inoperative winch.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:48 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I got a ring off an orc elite and gave it to Dar for that quest, Orcish warlord ring<----think that was what it is called. Be sure and don't use the ring tho, it steals quite a bit of your str. I could swear I got it off the elite in the dark forest, but am not positive.

The gin mill is in a cave in the same forest. Ummm...how to get you there.....Coming from Jack's lighthouse, going east thru the forest, keep bearing to the left, killing the snappers, field raiders, and lizards. When ya get to the lizards you are very close. You'll see where a massacre has occurred and the cave is right there. The cave contains the gin mill, but you need moleratfat to make the winch work. If you go too far, you run into some wolves and a couple wargs with an old stone circle close by(where dragonweed is). If you keep going you'd see the stairs that lead up to the cave with the minecrawlers, Dragomir's bow, the fire mage's stone circle etc. Man I suck at direction lmao.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:14 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks. I'll search for it today.

Another thing: Is it possible to ever get Citizen's Clothing?
And: When creating blades, is it ever necessary to use the water bucket or whetstone anymore?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:24 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Kardiff told me too about this MAge riches so I did the same and tried to talk about it later but Kardiff had no option. Never found sth valuable on him too. But some other NPC mentioned about merchant Zuris having this mage as a guest and that Thorben prepared special chest for him. But never found sth more about it.
About those rings - I think every elite chief had one in chapter 3. Killed them all as paladin and gave the rings to Lord Hagen for few (6-7) thousands Exp and some gold - connected to the quest of finding orc colonel.
You will need molerat fat to enter destillery.
Citizen`s clothes - 99% nope.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:38 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I never found any orc rings. I search every orc I kill. And nothing.
I thought the Orc Elite sword would've been enough, guess not.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:44 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
I never found any orc rings. I search every orc I kill. And nothing.

Orcish warlord rings can only be looted from orcish warlords, a special kind of orc elite. That's why they're called orcish warlord rings.

quote:
Is it possible to ever get Citizen's Clothing?

Nope. Diego said he bought his clothes from some merchant outside the city. I wonder who that merchant is.

quote:
When creating blades, is it ever necessary to use the water bucket or whetstone anymore?

Nope.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:18 am