chapter 2 help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
vbrokop
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

chapter 2 help

the problem is that i'm too wimpy to yet progress into the valley of mines. i've got 181 hit points and str/dex of 35, yet i get my ass handed to me whenever i go up against an orc warrior.

i have completed a whole shwack of quests thus far... but it seems my armour simply isn't good enough (light militia armour). it only takes three chops by an orc axe to bring me down.

so what's going on here. is there better armour somewhere that's accessible at this stage of the game, or do i simply have to go hunt some more monsters and concentrate on repeatedly leveling up for enough hit points?

suggestions welcome, thanks!
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:56 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Probably go and level. You can get better armor, but that's in the castle in Valley of Mines, from the provisioneer. Or, you can try to be fast and enter the castle, from behind, by climbing the ram which is against the wall (and wee bit through it, heh).

There's also the way past the bigger amount of orcs on the way to the Valley. When you walk down that chasm, then at one moment you will see sort of an arc above you: look around then, you should see in one of the walls some entrance into some cave. Enter it and soon you will become to some old mine entrance, which will get you past the first big bunch of orcs. Of course, you will see more of them anyway... If you have some potions of speed, then those are handy.

But probably best way is to head back and start checking out the named NPC's, to get the quests, and then do them all. Also search wilderness and fight for XP. But watch out, the forest between the lighthouse and the Circle of Sun has also some orcs in it, incl. elites.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:14 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You donīt have to fight a single Orc in this chapter. Just buy a bunch of transformation scrolls.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:18 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
You donīt have to fight a single Orc in this chapter. Just buy a bunch of transformation scrolls.

... or avoid them all together. I think the whole point of this chapter is stealth. Just stick to the water and stay away from the castle perimeter and major roadways.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:39 pm
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

You don't need to fight against the 2 orcs who are guarding the Valley of Mines. 'Cause if you turn around and walk back, you'll see a small tunnle with some rats. Go through it, over the bridge and your are close to the castle.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:42 pm
vbrokop
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

groovy. i'll try this stuff.

is it possible to use the sneak skill to walk by the orcs in the night? has anyone tried it? maybe they go to sleep some time
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:33 am
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by LexXx
You don't need to fight against the 2 orcs who are guarding the Valley of Mines.

I was pretty much in the same position. Armed with a light militia armour I finally (after a LONG time) beat the two Orc Warriors (did not save of course) and ran into a load more of the bastards, heh...

So your best bet is to go as suggested by elkston and avoid that entrance and from the bridge that goes above these pass-guarding orcs you may even be able to get a few of them with your bow/crossbow.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:18 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

You can also use a speed potion and run like hell to the ramp.

Kay
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:02 am