Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Bloodlines - Which clan do you want to join in the game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:17 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

no I love being able to render my enemies helpless with my looks as a toreador...an enemy can't fight back if they can't do anything but stare at you....thats what is fun...
Lestat
Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:38 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Sure, Presence is definitely a nice power to have. But it works both ways with the Toreador. They've got a hell of a clan weakness.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:40 am
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

yeah....they have to make a certain roll when they see an object of beauty to break there entrancement....but i haven't played the pen and paper version of vampire..i just like playing that clan in the computer game...right now my toreador is pretty powerful...he is currently and elder and has almost all of his presence abilities maxed....
Lestat
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:22 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

your Toradors looks may be powerful but if he gets surrounded then your in trouble, you cant put 5 guys in drad gaze and 1 guy in awe while constantly being hit or shot, i prefer brute strength and a little bit of magic, that's why i would be a Brujah
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:13 am
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

true but if the player is able to think ahead in order to use some stratgey than that shouldn't happen..but if it does and if your vampire is powerful enough well than that is where the ability Majesty comes in...entrance them with it and than run away....then come back knowing what you are up against and adjust your tactics accordingly....
Lestat
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:45 pm
Alatsahr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

will bloodlines be all about who can kill who first?
like masquerade (the Pc game) and so unlike the white wolf roleplaying games they are based on. i see you are talking about how to use the different diciplines (that is the vampires powers are called) to kill, and not to roleplay.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:51 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Pretty much, yeah. It's hard to get a CRPG away from who can kill what and fastest.

As for 'unlike' Storyteller... well then... that depends. I run a Werewolf game and naturally there's a LOT of combat. Vampires may not fight as MUCH but when the Sabbat jump you in a nightclub or scream warcries at the top of their lungs while playing COwboys and Indians with live ammo in your city ... you had better be ready to defend yourself.

If there was not meant to be combat in Vampire they wouldn't have three entire disciplines devoted to combat. And Brujah wouldn't have two of the three by default...

Beauty of storyteller, naturally, is that you can go an entire vampiric lifetime without fighting if you're smart/cowardly enough. Doesn't work in Werewolf, but it works in Vampire, Mage, Wraith, and Changeling.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:29 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

that is why i enjoy playing as the toreador..unlike the brujah they aren't strong fighters..they seem like a stealth type of clan that focuses mainly on being seen....there is nothing better than walking up to a door and then rotating the camera and seeing two ancillae nosferatu waiting to ambush you...at that point i would use entrancement to take control of one and kill the other..then i would come out of hiding hit the noseferatu that is still alive with awe and feed off of him to gain back the blood that i had lost....and people say the nosferatu are the sneaky ones......not that there is anything wrong with the nosferatu....each clan his it's own stengths and weaknesses....if i go head to head with a brujah i will lose and i surely can't fight something that i can't see.......unless i use heightened senses or run away to force the person to follow and expose themselves if they are weak in obfuscate to drop there cloak while moving and i can hit them with one of my presence abilities or try to grab them....like i said..my toreador is not a very strong fighter....so i use a lot of strategy when i play...
Lestat
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:47 pm
Alatsahr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

not every vampire fit the clan description. A brujah could be less of a fighter than a toreador.
Say a toreador embraces a worldclass, kick ass, bad fighter person. This person has black belt i every martial art there is. At the same time a brujah embraces a sissy pianist player who has never seen the inside of a bar. These are not sterio type brujah or toreador, and that is my point.

If every player roleplay a sterio type vampire, then you would know that character in and out if you only knew his clan. but that isn't so. the character had a life before he was embraced and he\she is still the same to a sertain degree. why not create a character before choosing clan, instead of choosing a character that fits the clan description?
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:39 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

quote:
Originally posted by Altre
You will pay for this.

Dream on. :p
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:58 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

yeah that is true...but i have never played pen and paper..i have only played the pc game...so i am just saying that in general when you think of a brujah you think of a strong fighter....yeah sure that is possible but in the pc game you can't really create a character before you pick the clan..i suppose i could make my toreador a strong fighter in the game by boosting his strength dex and satmina...but i am happy with my character....i was just talking in general terms....Xen what is the thrid discipline devoted to combat..i know the other two are fortitude and potence..what is the third?
Lestat
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:13 pm
Alatsahr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

potence, fortitude and celerity are the three basic disciplines. boosting the vampires fysical attributes and thereby increasing his\hers combat skills. celerity increases the vamires speed.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:06 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

ahh..so celerity was the third..i was thinking that maybe it was hands of destruction....since it has abilities like acidic touch.....
Lestat
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:22 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Acidic touch? That sounds more like a Thaumaturgy path than anything else - though not one I'm familiar with (not surprising. I hate the idea of the paths of Thaumaturgy).

I didn't play Masquerade so I'm not sure what made it in and such.

What brujah would embrace a 'sissy pianist'? Were they killed for writing songs about the oppressiveness of government? A toreador might see the beauty in the way a master martial artist moves and embrace them, certainly.

CRPGs don't encourage this type of thinking, however. Playing through the brujah storyline with a physical tertiary pianist will likely get you murdered.

Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:39 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next