Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I made a plugin called Mar Lao (Please read before flaming)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
ephram

amazing mod!

just finished your plug in, and I really liked it. it was challenging (i had to peek in the editor once, because I didn't think aryorn was ever going to tell me anything) but I figured the rest out. the stilt strider "chase" was classic, as was the "basted" Marvin.

congrats, it's by far the best quest plug-in I've played. I tried to give you some props over on gamefaqs, too.

looking forward to your next mod.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:17 am

Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks a lot, it's the first mod/plugin I've ever made so I was really nervous when I released it.
As to coolguyclay's question it ends when you've killed the third conspirator and you get a Journal entry that you've "finally avenged mar lao"

I have been working a bit on a new mod that takes place after you've finished the main quest. What do you think about the following ideas.
Marriage
More dialogue and less action
More curses to up the difficulty

Oh yeah one last question, what script controls the development of your stronghold. I can't figure out how to make more levels of development.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:27 am

er... am I stupid, or did I break a script? I ended up clearing out Kunirai (and kept the dwemer cure in inventory) before talking to Melvin & his sister - when I went back to Kunirai, got Eryon the conspirator - but I couldn't find anything on him, or lying around indicating other parties - did I kill the other 2 conspirators (Eryon's g/f?) before I vowed to avenge Lao?
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:59 am

Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Assuming that I didn't screw up when I set up the journal progression you should be able to ask Lao's servants about "help" in finding the killers. You didn't think that wuss Ebeyon could off such a powerful wizard on his own?
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:18 pm
Darkhan

constructive criticism

Would just like to mention that although i haven't finished playing the mod, I noticed it's very very dirty.

This could affect people's savegame in the future, you might want to clean it up a bit.

The cure, OMG put a bright light or something on it. I could barely see anything much less and enlarged gobelet!

Overall I like the story (so far, though i'm sooooo tempted to kill Aryon just because he is stalling!)

Darkhan
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:36 am

Slugworth

So, I've killed 3 people - Ebyon and his g/f, and Ammet. No "I have avenged Mar" message. Ammet had a note on him from "F". Is *that* the third conspirator that I must kill, or did a script not get initialized for whatever reason?
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:23 pm

Slugworth

Nevermind. Don't know know where I got it into my head that there were only 3. Found the 4th one. Sort of strange that you have to go back and talk to people you've already talked to to get new information that they really coulda given you in the first place. Never occured to me that someone might have had some big revelation while I was gone. Aside from that, and the overpowered items (Woulda been nice to be able to keep some items from the quest that wouldn't upset the game balance), a very cool mod. Hope you do some more.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:39 pm

Darkhan

Nice Mod overall

Just sent ya an email bud with a cleaned up version of the mod. Included a text file that i'd ask ya to read.

mail me if you need more explanations.

Darkhan
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:39 am

Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Slugworth raises an interesting point, game balance. I tried to set the difficulty of the bosses so high that if you could beat them then you were already in a position to anihalate anything in your path. Eejit more so than Ebeyon, obviously.

That having been said I am still very intrested in what you think of the loot throughout the various stages of the quest. What do you think of
a) the three rings
b) the cuirass
c) the amulet
d) the staff
e) the loot in the tower
f) the belt (You know, the belt that lets you summon golden saints. You found the belt right?)
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:11 am
Karny

Where is the Dunmer Ruin!

i can't for the life of me find the dunmer ruins that the tel vos wizard sent me to, i need to find this aprentice of mar, dunmer ruins north of tel vos?!
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:35 am

They are in the north of the continent just east of the Urshilaku Camp.
Look on your paper worldmap
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:46 am

Slugworth

a) the three rings - The eagle one is nice, as it basically is just a quick way of getting around the continent. Good for higher level characters to whom the creatures of the continent are just an annoyance. The fish one is the same. The bullfrog one, while similar, just felt too powerful to me. I think it's just the increased acrobatics that made it feel that way.
b) the cuirass - Definitely a good thing. The game *really* should have had more than a single Daedric Cuirass in it originally, if they were gonna put it onto a main-quest-critical NPC, and a guy that most players just flat out won't want to kill anyway.
c) the amulet - Not remembering an amulet.
d) the staff - The paralyze/poison one? I thought it was pretty well balanced, though it probably could have done with a lower maximum charge.
e) the loot in the tower - The dwemer optics helm was a very cool idea, but I was a bit dissapointed that you couldn't actually bring it to the Dwemer guy to have it fixed. The note under it led me to believe that was the case, and I thought that was a pretty clever and cool idea. Still, a well balanced dwemer artifact is always a good thing. I'd lose the glass one, personally. The enchantment ring was a bit overpowered, but I really like the fact that it weighed too much to carry around. This weakness was sort of overcome by the fact that you could teleport to the island any time you wanted without problem. Almost faster to go use that ring than to walk to a mage's guild.
f) the belt - Never found it, but 3 golden saints sounds to me like something which would let you take out Vivec himself without a whole lot of trouble.

Overall, the ideas for the loot were solid, but just overdone. I'm probably a bit more of a purist than a lot of players though, so that should be kept in mind.

Oh, and is there a backstory to that helm/skull in the tower? I grinned a bit when I yoinked the helm and found a skull under it.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:44 am

Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

No, there's no backstory for the skull except it belongs to Lao's greatest rival (that and I needed a fourth display item). Originally I wanted to have Mar's Tower completely abandoned for centuries. Then, once you find a backway in, you have to examine the physical evidence in the tower to figure out why Lao is missing and then track down all his best loot from there. The clues were way to obscure so I went with a more straightforward plan. The skull was one of those clues. As was the note about the helm.

I overpowered the enchantment ring because of the limitations of Enchanting in the game even a max Int/Luck/Ench you can't do more than 20 or so enchantment points successfully. I think this is unfair. The ring was meant to overcome that but I didn't want people to take advantage of the luck bonus while in combat, for example. Maybe I should have a script that enhances your Int/luck by a degree relative to your enchant skill? Or only people with Enchant 100 can equip it? What do you think of those options?
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:11 pm
Red Dragon

Where can I find that Ammet guy?And where the hell is Ejit Ferrowuf???
I have killed Ebeyon and the quest isn't over! What to do??
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:40 am

-moriarty

talk to the servants re: help once you've killed ebeyon.
if you've done that and are just looking for directions then, the grotto is on the north west coast (underwater) of the island north east of tel aruhn and the fortress is west of the urshilaku camp.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:02 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next