Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Biggest Spoiler in Gothic 2 - Unlimited Experience!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Biggest Spoiler in Gothic 2 - Unlimited Experience!

The Skeleton Mages summon Skeletons until their mana runs out. When their mana runs out they just freeze and stop attacking. If you save your game when they run out of mana, when you return to the game their mana will be full again. You can keep killing their Skeletons, gaining +220 experience with each kill, for as long as you want. The best place for this is probably the crypt near the Mercenary's camp. There are at least 6 Skeleton Mages available in the crypt.

If you're too weak to use melee, just make one of the Skeletons follow you to the steps/platforms where you climb up to get out, and stop near the edge. If you're close to the edge, and towards the center of it, then the Skeletons won't have room to climb up to attack you. You'll be able to fire away with your ranged weapons from a hair's distance, until the Skeletons are dead. It might take a little practice, but you'll get used to it. You can repeat this process as many times as your patients permits.

So far I've gained 3 levels there...

(I wouldn't recommend someone who hasn't already beaten the game to try this. It is a huge exploit. It takes much of the challenge out of the game. Play the game without using this technique first.)
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:10 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

I don't see a big difference betwen using the skeleton mages and marvin mode to summon skeletons
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:47 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by Korzen
I don't see a big difference betwen using the skeleton mages and marvin mode to summon skeletons

My way is an exploit. Your way is a cheat.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:49 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Trying to quite your conscience, ey?
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:00 pm
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

u said u gaind level ups, but at what level 10-13 or 35-38? it's a huge diference
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:01 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I beat the game twice without using any exploits. I don't ever use cheats. Using this exploit for a little while won't arouse any guilt in me. It's not as simple as a cheat. It is very dangerous and it takes a long time too... It's actually quite boring. It takes me about 5 minutes just to kill one skeleton. I feel like I'm earning my experience, even though it's still an exploit. I even die and have to reload every now and then. If I had discovered this exploit my first time playing the game, I would have been very frustrated...

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:16 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Hey typing the insert code in Marvin Mode is a difficult and long task too. Besides when you summon the skelleton it will apear and start to atack you while your consol is still up, and you have to have a good reflex to manage to close it, draw your weapon and block before the skelli gets you
I don't know what I would do if I found this exploit while playing G2 for the first time... I guess I would just use it, get powerfull and try to explain to myself that it was only an exploit and taht probably everyone used it to end the game
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:26 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

! I think I would have just tried to pretend I didn't find it...

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:36 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
! I think I would have just tried to pretend I didn't find it...

IMHO, using an exploit is still a minor form of cheating.

I like to think the game designers spent plenty of time making sure there was enough experience to be had by just doing the normal things in the game.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:31 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
I like to think the game designers spent plenty of time making sure there was enough experience to be had by just doing the normal things in the game.

And wonder how many skeleton mages can you find in the game? Only about a dozen. By limiting the number of skeleton mages, the developers can feel safe that players won't take too much advantage from this exploit.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:36 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

They should have picked up on this exploit and removed it! They need better/more testers...

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:36 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
And wonder how many skeleton mages can you find in the game? Only about a dozen. By limiting the number of skeleton mages, the developers can feel safe that players won't take too much advantage from this exploit.

You only need one Skeleton Mage to use this exploit to it's fullest potential; unlimited experience. It doesn't matter how many there are. It's hard for me to believe the developers intentionally left it there. They either ran out of time/money and couldn't fix the exploit, or they simply didn't know it existed.

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:48 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
You only need one Skeleton Mage to use this exploit to it's fullest potential; unlimited experience.

True, but limiting the number of monsters that are capable of summoning, will lessen the possibility that the players will take advantage of this exploit at its fullest potential. (whew, I think I need to rephrase the sentence. Ask if you need clarification.)

This exploit will simply end when the hero or a skeleton, whether is it summoned or not, kills the mage. One less mage means one less chance to "cheat" (cheat or not cheat depends on one's rationalization).

quote:
They need better/more testers...

Indeed. Ultimately, they need a better publisher.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:05 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I think you're trying to say the fewer the Skeleton Mages the less likely people will notice the exploit. That's true, but I doubt the exploit had anything to do with why they put that amount of Skeleton Mages in the game.

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:28 pm
grimstyle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

skelmage also cast ice block..
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:22 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next