Usergroups
You're G3 wishlist.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Drax
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

lol, I totally agree with Uriziel...His comment actually made me laugh-out-loud.

"I don't care about what the character wears, or how he looks, or if his hair flows in the breeze.......I WANT THE GAME NOW!" - Uriziel

-Furtheremore to his comments, I want to add that combat should remain difficult. (the trailer disapointed me...that is, the opponents didnt even block...and the hero seemed to glide instead of naturally move)!!!

-And I want the return of DRAX!!!
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:19 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Yes!

I really wish they'd have Children/women (More women then the brothel...)

Why didn't they have them? To me it would help immersion a lot.
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:28 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Drax
-Furtheremore to his comments, I want to add that combat should remain difficult. (the trailer disapointed me...that is, the opponents didnt even block...and the hero seemed to glide instead of naturally move)!!!

PRE-ALPHA, a lot of things aren't ready yet. Those opponents couldn't block yet and all those movement animations need to be polished too.
Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:47 am
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I want some cool tatoos, a girlfriend or something like that you know hero stuff resque her from a dragon. And a new computer so I could play the game with max sis. req. ...................................
Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:21 pm
pink-hippo
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Oh, I recently saw a screenshot of cute, fluffy chocoboes in Gothic 3. (this one) That would be really cool if some character can ride on them in the wilderness or something.
Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:48 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

thats the new scavanger
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:08 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup, our old friends the Scavengers. And I doubt they will be big enough to ride, but you never know!
Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:41 am
pink-hippo
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I see, scavenger. Though, small creatures like goblins riding on scavengers is quite a cute sight too. OMG, that's so cliché! Hehehe... XD~~
Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:59 am
Drax
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Cute?????????Fluffy????????????? What are you talking about, its a scavenger!
Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:23 am
Arexen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Was the pic of the scavenger of in-game graphics? Sorry to be such a newb to these boards but sheesh. Gothic 3 will blow the other 3 games away (graphic-wise)! I only hope my 9800 pro can handle it....it handles HL2 fine...
Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:04 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:

Yup, our old friends the Scavengers. And I doubt they will be big enough to ride, but you never know

Well, you can use a shrink spell on yourself then it wouldn't be a problem

quote:

Was the pic of the scavenger of in-game graphics? Sorry to be such a newb to these boards but sheesh. Gothic 3 will blow the other 3 games away (graphic-wise)! I only hope my 9800 pro can handle it....it handles HL2 fine...

G3 will make heavy usage of shaders in comparison to HL2. I don't think that you will be able to play G3 in its full glory with a 9800 but i'm 100 % sure it will be very playable. AFAIK HL2 was more CPU limited than anything else. G3 will certainly put more strain on the GFX.

What other 3 games do you mean ?
Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:34 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

A shrink spell? Remember how small trolls got when you used that spell on them? Our hero would be a snack to the Scavenger, hehe. He could probably ride Meatbugs though..

He probably means Gothic, Gothic 2 and NotR? Not sure, but that might be it. Either that or a typo and he meant 2.

Yes, the screenshots are in-game, but Gothic 3 isn't the only game looking like that. There is another game coming out with the same graphics: Elderscrolls Oblivion. Right now Oblivion and Gothic 3 are fighting over "the best look". So far my vote goes to Gothic 3, but then again - G3 is scheduled for release later than Oblivion, so it wouldn't be surprising if it looked the best. Of course, Oblivion has a lot more PR and people are talking about "WOW, Oblivion will have a living world where NPCs has tasks and goes about their every day life!!".. oh wake up, Gothic 1 had that years ago.

The two games are both using the same graphics engine as HL2, but it's the gameplay that counts. Whether you will be able to play them on full settings upon release? I doubt it unless you have the latest Alienware computer or something.
Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:12 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

uhh......no.

They aren't using the source engine...

They are using the Gamebyro graphics engine (the newest version I believe), which is merely the core graphics engine. There are a lot of tweaks and other things that can drastically give each game a different sense of style/visual form.

I think you're confusing the graphics engine with Havok, which is a phyiscs engine that was used in half life 2, which is seperate from the graphics engine.

As far as AI goes, Oblivion's isn't like Gothic I's, it's more advanced then that.
Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:00 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:

A shrink spell? Remember how small trolls got when you used that spell on them? Our hero would be a snack to the Scavenger, hehe. He could probably ride Meatbugs though..

i've got to put that on my G3 wishlist.

quote:

He probably means Gothic, Gothic 2 and NotR? Not sure, but that might be it. Either that or a typo and he meant 2.

Yeah probably. But why does he compare the old G's with G3. G3 will of course be lightyears ahead GFX-wise.

quote:

As far as AI goes, Oblivion's isn't like Gothic I's, it's more advanced then that.

How come you know that already? It's perhaps what the developer wants to make us believe.
Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:26 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by Ratavuk

quote:

How come you know that already? It's perhaps what the developer wants to make us believe.

Because i'm a member of both communites and a fan of both the TES and Gothic series.

I loved G1's npc's and so hoped that oblivion would take that route with their npc's.

The "Radiant" ai in oblivion isn't scripted per se.

The npc's go about their own buisness. They have basic needs, to eat, sleep, etc. However the ways they accomplish things are different across the board.

For example:

If an npc is hungry and hasn't the money for food, they might beg for it, from other npc's/the player. Then some might even steal it. Which the guards might see and chase after them, etc. Some npc's might go hunt for thier food, etc.

Then there's things like personality traits for the different npc's.

Some npc might loveeeee reading books, and you can give him a book and follow him around and watch him sit and start to read it sometime, actually going through the pages of the book and not just a little graphic.

among many many other things. I suggest you read up a bit on the previews about it to get some more info.

The ONLY thing I'm a bit weary about oblivion's AI is that it seems they can't be told really to "be at X spot for quest portion."

You have to use this "compass" pointer to find npc's, for quests you're on, etc , which I don't really much like, I think it could be done better.
Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:22 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next