View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by hwfanatic
the choice of writting about something that each player lived to see on his own account, and in his own way is sort of delicate.

Yes, I thought that too! But I couldn't resist. Which is why I am planning on conducting a poll for people to vote on which camp our hero should join - when I get that far.

As for the rest of the game, of course we all did things in our own particular order, but we completed the same quests, so I don't think the story will vary that much from the actual game experience. I am actually using a walkthrough to help me out with the order of things whenever it 'seems right.'

BTW; I think the thing people will possibly dissagree on the most will be the personality that our hero displays, because we all sort of 'project' ourselves onto his character. (maybe that's what you had in mind, Hwfanatic?) My take on him is that as he starts out very innocent and genuine, albiet a slight problem with opening his mouth when he shouldn't. (hey, maybe this story is really about the rpgdot forums! Lol.. just kidding honest! )As he dwells in the Colony, however, he will gradually pick up some traits and thinking that is made manifest there, bad included. Ultimately, though, he becomes a "reluctant hero" who is more powerful than even he gives himself credit for.
Post Sat May 29, 2004 2:59 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Jabberwocky
Which is why I am planning on conducting a poll for people to vote on which camp our hero should join - when I get that far.

But, then, the story wouldn't be yours... Don't think of writting stories as a way to humor others: think of it as a way to express yourself.

Our way of liking it would, in the end, probably be limited by the level of resemblance betwixt the two projections, you got that right. But, I would say, instead of making an universal character to all likings, make one of our own.
Post Sat May 29, 2004 8:39 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heheh the plans look surely very promising and exciting i hope u find somewhere some time maybe we even see the whole story someday then
Post Sat May 29, 2004 9:28 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Just write your own story, if you start worrying about what others think and want, things will only go wrong. If your readers wanted to hero to join an other camp, they should have written a story theirselves.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 9:47 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Here's Jabberwocky's Chapter 4: Valuable Lessons Learned.

Enjoy!
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:59 pm
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

A good one! Continue the great work! I'm very intereseted on how you'll handle your first quests, and trips outside.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:07 pm
Gorn's best mate
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I for one quite like the idea of a poll to determine the camp. It's still entirely his story, only with some reader participation.

We could look at it as our shot at making a little difference in a world that is otherwise out of our control.

NB Loved your latest installment
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:27 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

loved also your latest work imo we need no poll i think pick that camp that u know mostly or what u most likely like that way the storys can go actually more interesting and easyer
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:01 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Yes, well, that's the problem. You see, I don't HAVE a favorite camp. I've played them all and they each have cool points. So it really doesn't matter to me which one I write about. Like Gorn's best mate said, I just thought it would be a nice way to have others participate in the story.

I guess when I get ready, I'll throw a poll out there and if you want to vote, great, and if not, the story will still go on!
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:05 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2