Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Might & Magic 3 - Isles of Terra (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

MM3 is a wonderful game. It is basically a Monty Hall type game where the goal is to become as powerful as possible. In this game you can see your stats grow from 15 or so to 200 or higher. You do this in a variety of ways.
You can equip several items that will enhance the stats. Several dungeons have pools, barrels, wells, etc that will raise your stats or do damage. MM3 has armor for head, neck, hand, belt, feet, cloaks, rings, medals, pendants, etc that can all be equipped. This game is mostly about upgrading your gear and increasing your levels and stats. It does this mostly by wading through dungeons, killing all the critters and collecting all the loot. Many of the dungeons contain puzzles that need to be solved. There are several word type puzzles, a math puzzle, a time-base puzzle or two and even some lever and maze like puzzles. If you're missing out on challenging puzzles in today's game go back and give this game a try. It's first person, party-based, with 6 player characters and up to 2 hirelings. It's both step based and turn based also. Each map is a certain number of steps, normally on a 16X16 grid. I go back to this game at least once a year for some good ole monster bashing.
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:53 pm

I remember this game fondly from my college days. It was the first MM game I had ever played. It took me a while to finish it and I loved every moment of it. The thing I remember most about the game was the music. I really dug the "exploring outside" theme...

And that opening cut intro..

"I am Sheltem ....blah blah blah.. and this is Isle of Terra.."

There was this whole grandiose feel to the game that really drew you in..
Post Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:40 am

elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

BTW, this post was from me. I forgot to log in....

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I remember this game fondly from my college days. It was the first MM game I had ever played. It took me a while to finish it and I loved every moment of it. The thing I remember most about the game was the music. I really dug the "exploring outside" theme...

And that opening cut intro..

"I am Sheltem ....blah blah blah.. and this is Isle of Terra.."

There was this whole grandiose feel to the game that really drew you in..
Post Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:42 am
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

That and the end game sequence. I love the techno sound once the party enters the pyramids. Probably the thing that stands out most about these games is how non-linear they are. If you've got the guts, you can go anywhere. You're likely to get stomped, but there you go
Post Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:06 pm