View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
I wonder if its possible that something we assumed was done is not actually finished. Like the voice recording for instance. We've all been assuming that the English version of the game itself is done, finito. The manuals have been printed, boxes finalized, etc.

Yea, we've got virtually NO official info about the progress of the game, other than the fact that JoWooD is looking for an international distribution partner. Until they can find a distribution partner, I don't think they can start printing manuals, finalizing boxes, yada yada.

Actually, long long time ago (Jan 2003), there were unofficial announcements from forum members that both the English voice-recording and subtitles were done. If you can rely on these unofficial info, you can say that the game (other than beta-testing) was essentially finished in Jan. But, these info are unofficial, so we can't totally rely on it.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:58 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I thought that reason and logic were banned from Austria last summer... didnt you guys know that? youre acting like they should have a reason for the methods of thier madness...

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:02 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Korplem
I thought that reason and logic were banned from Austria last summer... didnt you guys know that? youre acting like they should have a reason for the methods of thier madness...

Seriously though, I'm just trying to give Jowood every possible benefit of the doubt since I'm not an insider and don't really have all the details.

I mean they can't all be totaly incompetent right (?) They've shipped games before. They started a business. There's gotta be some good reason why its taking this long.

I just wanna hear something firm. Even if its bad news like: not till august or even november. I just want to know something for sure so I can put my mind at ease (man I said that heavy thing about a Game...is that healthy?).

This whole thing has been a public relations failure for Jowood, though.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:25 am
ShadowedHeart
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Look,
I just wanted to share what I saw on Gamestop.com. They are saying that the release date is 11/03/03. Now just this morning when I looked it said it would be today. I have to say I am completely furious over this:rpmad: . I just don't understand while it is taking so long. I know most of you must have it pre-ordered like I do, and I was really hoping that it would be released on the time stated.

I have been jumping for joy (sHaDdOdHrT <- see jumping for joy)
since I heard that Gothic II was coming out. I guess I will just have to wait......I hate waiting.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:33 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

yea i pre ordered and moneys been taken out already,and normally that doesn't happen untill its released cause, well i dunno take'n money and not giving people the product is normallya bad thing
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:08 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
I wonder if its possible that something we assumed was done is not actually finished. Like the voice recording for instance.

I know it's hard to trust me, but... trust me, all goldmaster-related things are long done. Everything else is up to JoWooD.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:25 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
quote:
I wonder if its possible that something we assumed was done is not actually finished. Like the voice recording for instance.

I know it's hard to trust me, but... trust me, all goldmaster-related things are long done. Everything else is up to JoWooD.

Don't worry Jaz , as an insider and major contributor to the RPGDot community, your cred. is impeccable. So as far as I'm concerned your word is golden!

Well, since that issue has been put to rest, we can return to our regularly scheduled Jowood bashings.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:37 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

amazon here now says
Gothic 2
by JoWood Productions
Average Customer Review:
This item is not stocked or has been discontinued.

and i pre ordered Soooo my money better still be mine

Jowood Bashing Aye

HEH thought i'd have sum graphic fun
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:51 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

'Discontinued' would be good. An international partner would want their own logo on the box.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:29 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

yeah any one would be better then jowood right now, like StreeT bums Productions lol
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:23 pm
Esrohnoil
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Dbesing
yeah any one would be better then jowood right now, like StreeT bums Productions lol

or DWJ company...
-Down With Jowood-

- Demons rules the body, but the soul never break within...

- "There's still hope..."
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

according to a post at jowoods forum Gothic 2 english is out in poland or sumfin which would mean the game is finished and their f'n around with us, or the post is wrong
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:45 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

quote:
Originally posted by Dbesing
according to a post at jowoods forum Gothic 2 english is out in poland or sumfin which would mean the game is finished and their f'n around with us, or the post is wrong

I was just there and saw that post. If you can believe this person the version they have is a polish version. The translation was done by polish distributor, CDProjekt http://cdprojekt.info/

Can you believe this?
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:57 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Ahhh okay , so who wants to fly to aussie and visit jowoods main building??
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:12 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Ariakas
I was just there and saw that post. If you can believe this person the version they have is a polish version. The translation was done by polish distributor, CDProjekt http://cdprojekt.info/

Can you believe this?

I believe this (although I'm one of the less intelligent type at this forum). According to cdprojekt.info, the Polish version was out in Czech Republic on Apr 16, but NOT the English version.

Just to clarify:
At the forum, some guy has contact with a person who has the full English version on his table. That person is working for Dynamic Systems, which is part of JoWooD in Czech. So his copy of English G2 is an INTERNAL COPY. It is not bought from any store. So, don't be jealous--no one here has bought the English version yet.

More BAD news:
Amazon.com has deleted Gothic 2 from their database. I feel quite sorry for those who pre-ordered G2 at Amazon...
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:16 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next