Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What's the best enchanted item you've created?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Tiercel

What's the best enchanted item you've created?

For me, it would have to be these:

1) Amulet of levitation--use it everywhere; who needs water walking or feather or slowfall when you've got this?

2) Ring of Recall--I've got a room in the Balmora Fighter's Guild where my "Mark" is located. Whenever I finish a quest, I pull out the ring and there I am.

3) Ring of Turning--if Turn Undead worked, this would be awesome

4) Ebony Broadsword of Stillness--Paralysis when strikes. Oh, yeah.

5) Ring of Healing--20-30 pts of healing per second for 6 seconds.

6) Ring of Unlocking

Somebody explain to me how to cast constant effect enchantments--with examples, please.

Tiercel
Post Wed May 29, 2002 8:22 pm

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: What's the best enchanted item you've created?

quote:
Originally posted by Tiercel
Somebody explain to me how to cast constant effect enchantments--with examples, please.

I think you should read your statement again. Especially the part about constant effect. That's like asking how do you turn on the great big lightsource in the sky. [/sarcasm]

If you haven't clued in yet, you don't cast constant effect enchantments. They are always on. There is nothing to be cast. They are cast at the point of creation and never expire.

My best item was this Expensive Belt of Unlocking. I tried to put 100 point unlock on it. After about 25 attempts, I finally get a success message. So I run off and start casting it on chests and closets. But it seems to be not working. In fact, it seems to be turning all the locks into 100 point locks... D'OH! I put a 100 point lock spell on my belt instead of 100 point unlock.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 8:32 pm
weregamer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I thought *I* was pedantic

Gratitude, for this lovely example of how much more obnoxiously pedantic it's possible to be, forces me to reply to the original question. (I will note that this information has already been given out a zillion times before and a simple search would find it.)

To make a "constant" enchantment you need a REALLY big soul. The concensus seems to be that *only* a Golden Saint is large enough. (Obviously this also requires a grand soul gem.) At that point, the option to have a Constant effect will be offered. You'll also need an item that's sufficiently enchantable; exquisite rings are a good choice.

Note that most of the constant-effect items you are ever likely to meet were created by the ESCS. There are lots of premade magic items that just aren't possible by player enchantment.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 11:35 pm
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Just to offer more insight than weregamer did:

Golden Saints OR Awakened Sleepers - in GRAND soul gems.

The best item... Hmmm... Well, i did make a full set of clothes that gives me 100% chameleon constant, does that count?

MoonDragon: Thank you. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks. you made my day.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 12:24 am

Created a Daedric Katana That does 70-75 points of fire damage use a Grand soul Gem that gave me a charge of 200 on it. Need less to say I do some major damaged.

K'van
Post Thu May 30, 2002 12:54 am

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I made Pants of *cough* Opening (Should have thought of a less risque' name)

It's a pair of Exquisite pants that open 100 pts of locks, and casts 10% cameleon

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Thu May 30, 2002 4:26 am
bpdlr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Absorb Health

This spell should be *much* harder to enchant, but it's the same price as Destroy Health or the other damage spells. But it's much better as not only do you do damage but you get health back!

My current sword of choice is a Daedric Wakizashi (sp?) with 30-35 Absorb Health. Guys can hit me, but when I hit them I get all that health back - from them!!!

For effects though, I made a Mages Staff that does:

10 Fire Damage
10 Shock Damage
10 Frost Damage
10 Absorb Health

Bye bye monsters!

BaZ
Boycott Shampoo!
Demand REAL poo!
Post Thu May 30, 2002 9:42 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I was just playing around with a soul gem worth 60 000, i made a sword that you could heal 10 points and it was 300 charges...
Post Thu May 30, 2002 9:56 am

Heres a few things I have enchanted, I like them.

Exquisite Shirt: Water Breathing Constant Effect
Exquisite Ring: +24 Strength Constant Effect
Exquisite Skirt: Recall on Self
Exquisite Amulet: +24 Stength Constant Effect
Exquisite Ring: Invisibility Constant Effect
Daedric Face of God Helm: AR 266 +15 Strength Constant Effect
Ebony Shield: AR 200 +30 Strength Constant Effect
Ebony Closed Helm: AR 200 Water Walking Constant Effect

I play a Female Nord Knight, my Strength is 206 and Armor Rating is 270.
Sadly the game is a bit easy now, but it's still loads of fun.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 7:19 am

Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Thats some cool items!
Post Fri May 31, 2002 9:00 am
Tiercel

Wow, those are some great ideas for enchanted items.

I forgot to mention another one of mine that I like: Soul Stealer, my ring of egg feeding, for trapping souls. I shoot that thing out as the critter's 12 feet away, then pull out the steel and take home the soul.

Thanks to the pointers in this thread, I figured out how to make constant effect enchantments. Someone said that a Golden Saint soul was required. I was able to do such an enchantment with an Ascended Sleeper's soul.

I created a constant effect ring that restored my health 1-2 points. Doesn't sound like much, but that's constant. I hardly need to sleep to heal anymore.

Great game.

Tiercel
Post Fri May 31, 2002 8:25 pm

The Trooper

Heh

Funny, I have a Deadric Long Sword that I named "Sould Stealer" on every hit, Soul Steal is cast, and I walk home with a lot of souls.
I also like my amulet of 'Night Eyes' It gives me Constant Water Walking, and a Constant 90 points of Night Vision... I don't have to bother with light sources anymore. Another neat thing I did, was make a spiked club (4-5 Dmg) heal for 15 points on every hit, I got my blunt weapon skill up VERY quickly with that.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 10:21 pm

Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

THE GREATEST ENCHANTMENT OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exquisite Almsivies!!

Its basically an Almsivi Intervention item crammed with as much FEATHER as one could enchant into a pair of pants!!!

...*runs away crying*

Heres a little added value:
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:00 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I tried doing gem-feeder on hit with a sword. I hated it. It wasted just about all the gems I had. Rats had this annoying habit of running after me after I only had greater gems left.

But I just enchanted a new sword. Got my hands on an ebony long sword. It's an upgrade (in sword quality and enchantments) from my silver claymore. But I stuck with the same theme (leech hp and str) and added a little twist to it.

The story begins in Caldera trader shop. I'm rummaging through the bargin bin and low and behold, a ring with 10s invisibility on it for 54 septims. Sweetness... 10s not impressive for you? Well, 10s is more than enough to casually walk up to an enemy from behind and put my ebony blade between their shoulderblades. Crit every time. And then, my little twist kicks in. My third echantment on the sword is a 3s invisiblity. So, I walk up to them invisible. Smack them and by smacking them, I turn invisible again! It's so awsome to see vampires and storm atronachts running around confused cause they can't target me.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:42 am

Hi guys for the life of me I can't figure out how to enchant items.... reading the book's paragraph it says you need a soul gem (got those) and a "soul trap spell"? haven't got that are not a clue where to get it... can anyone help?

thx
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:56 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next