Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do you guys finish the game with over 50 levels?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

How do you guys finish the game with over 50 levels?

I finished every quests, killed every beasts, and wacked everyone down. I fininshed the game only at level 38. I know there is a place in orc temple which you can get lesser demons to respawn everytime you turn the wrong switch, but that takes forever. Is there any other good way to gain level without cheating?
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:59 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Another way is to use all the Summon Skeleton, etc. scrolls you get from Skeleton Mages or buy. You can kill your own summoned creatures for points and they don't fight back! They closed this loop hole in G2 by not giving you points for killing your own summoned creatures.

Another is to beat up NPCs to get their points, but don't kill them. Then you can kill them with a bow or xbow and get their points all over again.

One way I also get points is to beat up and then kill everyone in the Old Mine at the end of your second trip there (when yo kill the Crawler Queen). I rationalize this as "well they're all just going to die when the mine collapses anyway."

The same with the Old Camp once it turns against you -- just beat up and kill everyone you can (I usually just kill the guards, I let the others live -- but that's just me).

A good way to get money, as well as points, is to beat up all the templers in the Swamp Camp that you can. You get the points and one of the those valuable two handed swords from each one.

Another is to be sure to check everywhere in every chapter for creatures to kill -- some may be respawned on entering new chapters. Especially look around for new Trolls popping up in the mountains.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:25 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can also buy summon golem scrolls of xardas, at 1000 EXP a go it would be rude not to
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:07 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
I rationalize this as "well they're all just going to die when the mine collapses anyway."

What a terrible thing to say.

Might I just add that there is really no neccessity to aspire to leveling up beyond level 40. Already at level 35 you are strong enough for everything and everyone in the game.

Spoiler:
Plus you get all those potions near the game's end...

Dunno about the rest of you, but for me, NPCs in Gothic were something more to me than just objects, sources of experience...
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:30 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

hwfanatic,

Sorry if I shocked you with my rationalization

I was mostly taking the example to the limit to answer the original post, but I generally agree with you that extreme levels are not necessary to complete the game.

Normally, when I make a run through the game, I just beat up and rob the guards, shadows and templers in the Old Mine, and leave everyone alive if possible.

Same with the Swamp Camp, I just beat up and rob the templers, but leave them alive.

The Old Camp (after Gomez's raid on the Free Mine) is different -- I usually don't bother with the shadows and diggers at all, but I kill all guards and ore barons without mercy.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:35 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
hwfanatic,

The Old Camp (after Gomez's raid on the Free Mine) is different -- I usually don't bother with the shadows and diggers at all, but I kill all guards and ore
barons without mercy.

I’ve done this also but after clearing out the guards I use a summon stone golem scroll and let him take care of the shadows and diggers, racking up exp. Then I hunt down the stone golem for the exp.
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:05 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I have done everything you said except using summoning trick, but still don't get over level 40. I have beaten up everyone in the colony in every camp except those who are immortal. I have killed everyone in old mine and old camp except Ashgan, Ian, and Stone because they arre immortal. I knocked them down first and when they get up, I shoot them down, but still don't get over level 40.
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:19 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Those that reach levels above 40 or so must be the really patient types, since they're probably using the demon summoning traps in the Orc Temple over and over again. I'm sorry, but I just don't have that much patience.

Since the game doen't require these extreme levels anyway, I doubt I'll ever try so hard to get vast amounts of points.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:03 pm