FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Soulbringer (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
dagoo7

Probably one of the best underrated/unheard of rpgs in recent history. Just reinstalled this oldie from 2000 when I needed a break from the incredible expansiveness of Morrowind. I had bought this game when it came out, but stopped playing when something else came out and forgot about the game due to lack of any fan or press attention. <br> <br>The graphics are subpar, to say the least, and control somewhat iffy. But gameplay in spades with some interesting, if somewhat inexact, action elements which don't detract from rpg. People should give this one a try, a shame it did'nt get more attention. I'd like to see what this developer could have done with a little more backing.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 4:55 pm

Mattias Kreku

Wow. Someone else who played this french (I think) title! The controls in this game was the only thing I didn't really like. It's like Dungeon Siege but without the PAUSE button, if that says anything. I often found myself missing a click on an opponent and instead clicking on the ground behind a fence and then watch as my character suddenly ran in the other direction, searching for an opening in the fence. Needless to say that often led to my imminent death. But I liked the graphics. The story seemed interesting enough.. It is a very difficult game though so I bet a lot of people didn't give it a chance because of that. I never finished it myself.. I really should reinstall it now that I think about it.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:53 pm

dagoo7

Here's the funny thing. I originally stopped playing it because I also thought it was too hard. Actually stopped at a point where I thought I had run out of food/potions to heal myself/get mana. I was waiting for cheat codes or a trainer that actually worked to play the game again. However, on this play through (I am almost at the end) I have found it quite doable. Perhaps I was'nt aware of all the people that sold health items (e.g. general store guy. But this time, I never wanted for health items or gold. Game still offered a challenge, but as long as you have enough health regen its not hard at all. If you play again, avoid fighting as much as possible until you get good armor and wont need to heal much at all.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 6:12 pm