Atitd
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Atitd

anyone still play this? or did the game get canceled?
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:37 am
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

?

Can you give a link? I wanna check out what you are talking about..
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:51 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

As far as I know, it's still going strong. In fact, it seems to be getting better and better all the time (I guess my money buys me the world's most expensive newsletter ).

The official website: www.atitd.com.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:03 am
RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

The world looks somewhat like screens i've seen for Horizons although not quite as detailed, but beyond that how's the game play? I know that what i've heard is that it's more a game of community building and there's no combat in it, which is definitely interesting.
Post Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:52 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

thanks for the link....

can I play as Anubis

and yeah redtiger..i see what yoy mean by looks a bit like Horizons. when I was reading the overview and how it really relies upon an entire community to make things happen I kinda thought that too....

might have to check that out..actually hadn't heard of it..thanks again...!!
Post Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:18 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

The most unique part of the game, IMHO, is the fact that the game starts with nothing but the great wide open expanses of the barren land. All content, with the notable exception of a few municipal buildings (universities, schools and playgrounds), all content in the game is player created. And I mean all of it. The whole point of the game is to create content.

And the content isn't simcity like either. There are plenty of opportunities to actually create novel and trully unique content. I think this game is a heaven for artists. You can also be creative in social interaction. Perhaps you want to become a mayor of a settlement? Or a full time politician? Or perhaps you like to spend your time playing board games against other people? The game is trully massive. The worst part of the game is that you can't do it all yourself.

If you can get over the no-combat aspect of this game, you should definately give it a try. It may surprise you.
Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:42 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
The most unique part of the game, IMHO, is the fact that the game starts with nothing but the great wide open expanses of the barren land. All content, with the notable exception of a few municipal buildings (universities, schools and playgrounds), all content in the game is player created. And I mean all of it. The whole point of the game is to create content.

And the content isn't simcity like either. There are plenty of opportunities to actually create novel and trully unique content. I think this game is a heaven for artists. You can also be creative in social interaction. Perhaps you want to become a mayor of a settlement? Or a full time politician? Or perhaps you like to spend your time playing board games against other people? The game is trully massive. The worst part of the game is that you can't do it all yourself.

OH wow..didn't realize that it was so character driven. Thats very nice for sure. And I totally agree that it would be an artists dream if the level of creativity is as specialized as it sounds.
If you can get over the no-combat aspect of this game, you should definately give it a try. It may surprise you.

Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:54 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It's one of the best games I've ever played. It was torture tearing myself away from it. I played since beta of last year into live for many months. I finally quit at the beginning of September due to a few issues and time constraints.
Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:14 pm
Ligi
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ATitD is a true jewel in the MMRPG genre. I played 2 weeks during beta and after gold about 3 months and loved it.

I only stoped playing because sometimes I feel antisocial and like to be a lone wolf . Dont get me wrong, there are still things to do for a solo player, but where it really shines is in a community playing style.
Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:10 pm