Some hints and tactics...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Some hints and tactics...

I realized that its pretty easy to kill a stronger enemy than yourself, if you keep slashing from the left to right the enemy won't get a chance to hit you... this way its really easy for me to kill orcs. Of course, if the stronger enemy DO hit you, then you will take some damage. But it can get you alot of exp.

Another thing is to get the two runes when you get to the old castle... one of them teleports you to the castle itself and the other one teleports you to the valley entrance. This way you use the rune to get outside the castle, kill some enemies, use the other rune to go back to the castle again and sleep/train... that way its pretty easy to gain levels.

I know, these hints weren't very good maybe, but I thought everyone can add more hints/tactics to this topic.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:49 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Try the first one against 4 Orc elite guys.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:00 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Try the first one against 4 Orc elite guys.

Hehe, I know... dosn't work well if they are more than 1.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:33 am
exo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

game needs a combat camera view ;(
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:44 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Crossing a river almost makes a group of monsters turn around for a short while, and they will start going back, but then it's easier to trigger them to attack one by one when they are going back to their original placing.

Making sharp corners at bridges, also inspire many monsters to make suicide down the canyons, but it don't give you any exp.

If you lure a group of monster towards the guards, they will help you finish the mosters, but you must deal the finishing blow to the monsters to get the exp.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:05 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Another got tactic in chapter 2 is to lure the orcs to the ramp, jump onto the end of the ramp and than shot them with arrows and bolts or fire arrows etc. Some invisible barrier prevents the orcs from entering the ramp. If you lure them from a wide distance make sure to stop from time to time. Otherwise they just turn back.
Similar tactic can be applied in the wilderness by climbing a tree stump which cannot be reached by some animals.

Kay
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:36 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Some enemies (I've only tried it with lizards, but it might work with others) will follow you into the water but can't attack while swimming, so you can lure them out, then get between them and the shore, so that you are only submerged to about the waist, but they can't attack at all, so you can just chop them up.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:03 pm
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I found I was Blocking alot in this game, Blocking is good for taking less damage and also opening up opponents.

Block an attack or two then slash, left and up or right and up.

If lucky when blocking and your surrounded by other monsters some of the blocks will deflect attacks from the left and right.

When killed the monster in front and you have some to the side of you, jump back and attack another, it saves time rather than trying to turn which could lose you some health doing that.

Wanna make potions? Remember to get as much lab flasks as you can or you cant make any without any. For the potion in chapter 6 which is unknown effect, gives you +15 strength, but needs 10 dragon eggs, which you will find before the recipe.

Swampweed is very useful, when being attacked by orcs or lizardmen, use it the gameplay will slow down, but you will be able to block most attacks coming and defeat them a bit easier.

People who have played Gothic, will find it disapointing to know that you cant picklock doors, bad Jowood lol. So dont try cause you cant.

In the upper area of the castle (the posh area) head towards the manor at the back and turn left, you will find a trader who deals with rare things, he has two books which increase your One Handed and Two Handed skills a bit. And if you find an experienced snapper in the Old Colony and take its claws he will give you a ring of invincibility, very handy when fighting dragons.

When fighting Dragons, run and attack, most of the time the dragon will fly to another space, follow the dragon and repeat the run and attack you should get lucky and be able to kill it without taking much damage to yourself.

Food you can cook at stoves, if you have a pan you can cook at fires, just like Gothic 1. Making joints, I have been able to use a masher etc, but the most common way is using an alchemists table also.

Best weapons so far, is the large 2 handed sword that you make at a smithy with ore and dragon blood, it has high attack. The best crossbow is the Dragon Slayers Crossbow, I only found it in chapter 6 unfortuantly. And for a Bow, I think the ash bow found in a Dragons Stash in the old camp. For Axe is a Doubled Edged Dragon Slayer Axe, found on a Dragon Slayer Body, it has 85 attack damage and needs 85 Strength.

If I think of anything else I will later
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:29 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I bought Dragon Slayers Crossbow from weapon dealer on Onars Farm or in the Inn between Khorinis and this location in chapter 5.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:32 pm
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Oooooh Nice to know thanks for that

Its a very useful item if you dont wanna get possessed by the seekers, which you should use the crossbow on.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:36 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Snappers are pretty easy to kill if you avoid taking damage. Slaying from the left to the right dosn't work that good becouse they attack pretty fast... when they charghe against you, take some steps backwards and then hit.

If anyone know of hidden items/caves and such, please report the location here.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:05 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I've found a bunch of hidden stuff, but I'll do a post on that later.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:43 pm