Usergroups
Cool and funny things
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Lol I have to tell you this one.You all know the quest, that Rauul gives you,right?"kill the Black troll".Nothing could be simplier.So I was wondering how exactly i would be able to kill that THING?I was too weak to go melee(i was a mage).IT also seemed to be extremly resistant to fire and ice or those spells were too weak.So i tried just for humor's sake to summon tiny goblins..AND Oh my god it worked!I summoned so many tiny goblins and they all were whacking with their tiny clubs that big monster .It was hilarious.The troll couldn't absolutly do anything.After he punched one of them, the others were dancing around of him and whacking him endlessly with their clubs.i summoned more and more.At the end there were those dead goblin skeletons lieng EVERYWHERE around the body of BLACK TROLL.Can even you imagine that?at the very last only 1 little coblin was standing there alive as a winner..I just couldn't stop laughing =D
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:34 pm
Cold_Brains
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The first time I encountered a zombie - actually about three of them - when exploring the cave near the tavern - i was completely freaked out by their animation (and speed!), so i turned tail and fled - they kept following me, so i ran into the tavern. All the drinkers in there took out their weapons and the most surreal battle ensured - the incredible sound and light fury of zombies dying at the hands of a bunch of locals in this tavern in the middle of the night was truly memorable.... George Romero would be very impressed...
This is easily one of the greatest computer games ever made. I must agree with the comments above about Piranha Bytes - this is one of very,very few developers who bother to put in those extra details. This feels like a game made for the love of it, not just the money. The devs ought to be extremely proud of this achievement.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:51 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Another nice little feature…I was coming out of the upper quarter and it was starting to rain. As I passed a citizen on my way down the steps he said “shity weather” and kept on walking…too cool.

Sylvio
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:36 pm
petrep
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Cool and funny things

Did you see Rupert peeing against the wall? Around 13-13:30 h.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:44 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

I saw a Lurker chase its tail once. I also thought Abujin's full name was funny. My favourite is: I was talking to the landlord of the Dead Harpy and he was saying that the Black hoods were scaring away all his patrons, at that moment a Seeker walked past the doorway!

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:38 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe well remember at the first time when u go down the stairs where lester is well i goed there and suddenly i saw that a Wolf runs up and behind him is chasing a Giant Rat well after i seen that i was laughing my a$$ off can u imagine how llama wolf it was probably scared of a rat LOLOL
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:50 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Once, when I was a merc and I was in the thieves guild, I was waiting untill midngiht when the nobles were tucked up in their beds and I could get inside the houses more easilly. I decided to sleep in that upstairs room full of beds (I couldn't have been bothered going to the inn). I slept well and felt rested then I heard the sound of swords being drawn. I was surrounded by about a dozen Paladins! . After that close shave I decided to sleep somewhere a bit safer, I remembered that Salandril had a bed, and you could walk into his house, happy days! So I go in, lie down, sleep untill midnight. When I woke up I heard him shout "Get out of my bed!!"

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:15 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

you know it probaly would have been easier to just go to the tavern
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:15 pm
Jesuszilla
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was a bit surprised to see one of the NPCs doing a slash in the streets of Khorinis

I walked infront of him but he didn't seem to mind!
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:39 pm
OreBaron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i was in the valley you find lester near the rat cave, i began to hear nibling and a giant rat fell onto my head, the nearest ledge was about 100meters up.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:29 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Shmaugus
you know it probaly would have been easier to just go to the tavern

Yes, but I am veeerrry lazy when it comes to things like that, if I had enough hitpoints I would have jumped the wall that joins onto the temple

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:38 am
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Jesuszilla
I was a bit surprised to see one of the NPCs doing a slash in the streets of Khorinis

I walked infront of him but he didn't seem to mind!

...and Bulco blatently in front of Elena at the mercenary camp!

There are some more accounts of what made people laugh in the Gothic 2 Spoilers Forum here:

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33626
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:46 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I was just fooling around with the game one time and I got the Magic Golem to chase me right up to the bridge where the bandit tries to shake you down for some gold.

So at that moment you are forced to enter a conversation, which literally "pauses" any monsters who are in pursuit of you.

So here I am talking to the bandit and this huge Magic golem is waiting just a few feet behind me -- twiddling him thumbs and looking at his watch.

So finally I end the conversation by refusing to pay up..the bandit is like "I'll show you ..."

And them immediately the golem steps forward and punches us both to death before he can finish his sentence. It was hilarious. You just had to be there.

It was like..

"Oh, well I'll teach you ..."
<GOLEM ROAR>
(We both get punched to death)
THE END.

Very funny.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:07 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

the same happened to me btw with the magic stone golem but a little bit more he killed the bandit and got stuck on the bridge cos he was too big hell i thought that from what material that bridge was made want that hard one also
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:13 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Funny...

Well, once I aimed one orc shaman with a crossbow and when it stopped, I made a shot. Bummer, though, the shaman moved a bit more and my shot missed. Since I had missed few times earlier too because it moved, I said something like "How many dang times do I have to shoot one lousy shaman?!" and then saw, how the crossbow bolt hit the rock, bounced back and blam! Hit the shaman in the head, who fell over dead. Heh, talk about trick shooting...

Past Gestath are some lizardmen, up in the mountains. I crept to them, below some ways, and used Rain of Fire to wipe them out above me. I saw flames bolts fall down, heard the sounds of worms dieing and saw XP come in. Nice. Flame bolts stopped falling and just as I was about to take a step forward, something fell down and *clang!* hit the ground. And then more and more - apparently all these lizardmen swords were sliding down the slope and falling down. Nice detail to add physics even to items in the game, and good thing that they don't kill when they fall on your head..

Seekers - was near the tavern and saw one Seeker walk ahead. Used Fireball on him, but he moved away and I missed. Couple more times like this and I, angrily, ran after him, determined to burn him into cinders. So it turns around the corner, me too and I blast it with the Fireball. Oops, missed the Seeker, but sure did not miss Rukhar. Rukhar went up in flames like a chinese firecracker and next thing I knew, I had to beat down whole tavern full of farmers, heh...

Also once burnt Lobart's sheep by accident - ran to Xardas and saw, that I had missed some small bloodflies before. Loaded up Firestorn and blasted with it, only to see the fly move away and my firestorm hit one of Lobart's sheep, which went up in bright flames. Since firestorm has small AoE effect, nearby sheep went up in flames too. Poof! About 4-5 sheep were all extra crispy, lying there. All I could say was "Whoopsie!", just in case I didn't go and see Lobart..

Keroloth and his purse - I was a Dragon Hunter and found his purse, and he tried to blame me. So, once response choice was "Kiss my ass!", what I also used. Keroloth went all ballistic and attacked me. I smacked him so hard, that he bumped into the campfire and the scavenger they were grilling there. I guess that for a moment, he was considered to be "out of sight" and other paladins there pulled out their swords, telling me to sheathe mine. I did so, but then Keroloth came back and hit me. I hit back and other paladins yelled again at me. Keroloth fell, but other ones who were sparring there attacked me. 3 of them. I beat the crap out of them too and Keroloth gets up and attacks me. I smack him down with a single hit and then one Man-at-Arms attacks me. I smack him down and then other 3 paladins get up and attack me. This is already starting to annoy me, so I smack them down fast and knock one to Keroloth as well, which sends him down again. Then I use Oblivion on Man-at-Arms and 3 paladins and they forget me, but Keroloth gets up before I get to him and attacks me. And then those 3 paladins and Man-at-Arms draw their swords and kill Keroloth. Heh! What a mess. But was funny to see those uppity paladins to get a lesson, what it is to mess with a Dragon Hunter, and smack them left and right and see them fall like ripe apples at autumn.
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:26 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2