Usergroups
Saddam captured?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm sorry for taking a baseless shot against the US...

I mean, after some "persuation" Saddam can finally say where the WMDs and his Al Quaida buddies are...

oh wait...

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:06 am
Northchild
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

This is certainly good news for the families that have suffered because of Saddam Hussein's actions - I was very pleased to read about this today.

Last edited by Northchild on Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:15 am
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
It just wouldn't be the same if our European friends didn't take a few baseless, judgmental potshots at the USA, Val...

It just wouldn't be the same if our USA friends didn't take a few baseless, judgmental potshots at the europeans either.
All streets can be travelled in two directions. Even one-way streets. I would be surprised if everybody would suddenly take an effort in doing such a thing.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:07 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

*Looks through this thread again.*

Look again, Myrthos.

@Hexy: They've found some evidence linking Saddam and his regime to Al Quaida. When it's proven true and they catch the author of said evidence, they'll start crowing about it. I can't remember the guys's name who wrote the memo they found linking him to one of the 9-11 terrorists. Blah, must search for the info.
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:27 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Breaking news: delivery of presents to children this Christmas has been postponed indefinitely.

Also...

Seperated at birth.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:04 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

@Iron Man- Wha-?

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:11 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

I did look through the thread and I just couldn't miss how easy it is for some to make statements that are unfounded, regardless of where they are from.
I just quoted dteowner's statement. Could have taken one of the baseless and judgmental ones from one of the others also, like those from XeroX or Hexy (forgive me if I leave anybody out).

But then again I'm naturally evil and European, so I didn't

Of course I'm aware that those having a biased opinion about demographic groups in this thread are just a minority and my reply was not intended as being one either. It was just to show how easy it is to make statements like these.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:13 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

I'm very happy they're sure he's the real one!

And I think everybody have less or more prejudices, but you don't necesarily need to share them here.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:08 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

I still dont get it, why did they had to show the world how saddam is hidden, afraid of death (his own), not shaved, long and massy hair... and the doctor that looks as if he relly care if saddma has some nots in the hair or something bitween his teeth, the doctor only cares about the big woonds right?

i think, no, i know they showed that to the world just for pride, to show they won and to imberiss (sp?) saddam and for those kind of things....

Dont get me wrong, i am 100% against Saddam and im happy they got him... i hot bin ladden is next to be found!
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:36 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Val, I'd really like to see any evidence of that memo... and not that stuff that the CIA repudiated.

I wonder if anyone thought that the implication of 'the US' could mean 'the Bush administration' or 'the Goverment' and NOT 'all Americans'?

Although I agree, even the slightest notion about the Bush administration being even a little shady about Iraq (which mine clearly was) are all baseless and unfounded, since no one has any experience or knowledge about them...

... right?
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

@Pikkon: We wanted to prove we had him in custody. Sorry we didn't shave and shower him first.
The doctor was looking for lice, then he took a swab of saliva for some DNA testing. We'd sort of like to keep him alive at the moment. And it was necessary to varify his identity.

@Hexy: I'll dig around for it. It basically concerned one of the 9-11 terrorists that recieved training in Baghdad.
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:45 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

quote:
Originally posted by Pikkon
I still dont get it, why did they had to show the world how saddam is hidden, afraid of death (his own), not shaved, long and massy hair... and the doctor that looks as if he relly care if saddma has some nots in the hair or something bitween his teeth, the doctor only cares about the big woonds right?

i think, no, i know they showed that to the world just for pride, to show they won and to imberiss (sp?) saddam and for those kind of things....

Dont get me wrong, i am 100% against Saddam and im happy they got him... i hot bin ladden is next to be found!

Another reason why they showed that is for the iraqi people. That whas a man they feared. With those new images he doesn't look that powerfull anymore. It might take some fear away.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:06 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

First off, allow me to apologize for making a sweeping generalization about Europeans. Really. While staying above the nationalistic muck might bring accusations of arrogance from some corners, rolling around in it was a poor choice.

quote:
Originally posted by cfmdobbie
And as for where he gets tried being a matter for the coalition - nope. It was an American-controlled mission, and the troops on the ground were American. The UK has no word in what happens to him, and the final word can only be an American one. In war, to the victor go the spoils. It would be inappropiate to have it any other way.
I think this captures the exact reason why there is so much tension between the US and much of Europe. Several countries have steadfastly refused to be involved in helping, and yet they now complain that they aren't involved in the cleanup. It's insulting for US actions to be condemned by people sitting safely in their homes. Until you're out there catching bullets, you haven't earned the right to control the wrap-up.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:24 am
Lord_Brownie
High Emperor
High Emperor

It seems like our pride makes us think we alone can solve the problem in the Iraq and the middle east. If the war realy is over, then a new process has begun and it is purhaps one that everyone must be involved in to succeed. After all, I cant help but remember that my country, the U.S., not only helped put Saddam in power, but helped keep there through the 1980s in order to counter balence our fears about Iran.

I am against the war, because I have served in the military [Does this count as dodging bullets?], so I have a very high standard for what it takes to send people to battle, something Saddam doesnt have. Leaving Iraq now, I agree, would be a mistake, dispite my differences to how we started this war. We started settling this problem with blood, now it is our only solution, unless we bring in other powers to convience ourselves and others that there peicefull means. U.S. has created a mess that it cannot clean up alone, because now noone trusts us in the middle east or internationaly. Lack of trust was the problem in the first place. We didnt trust Saddam, and noone trusted what our intentions where in wanting to remove him. Pres. Bush didnt have the patience to work for that trust, which is a major reason why I was against this war in the first place. With Saddam captured and hopefull a trial looming in Iraq, it is the first chance to show the people of the world and Iraq that we are capiable of trusting others, and of being trusted.

I dont mind abit of humor from all sides in this matter. Its better than fighting.

LB
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:57 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm guessing the story of the little red hen wasn't one of your favorites as a kid.

If other nations were truely interested in helping Iraq, then they'd be first in line to forgive the debt that Saddam's regime racked up instead of whining that they aren't getting contracts for rebuilding Iraq's infrastructure.
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:17 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next