Usergroups
NotR: joining water mages, how?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You could simply insert the letter in marvin mode and re-read the letter and try talking Vatras. Maybe you won't have to replay anything.....it's worth a shot.

type bmarvinb
F2<----the function key, don't type F2 lol
with the console now open type i(which will show "insert" on the console)
then type: ItWr_RavensKidnappermission_Addon
hit enter and the letter will be inserted into the game right in front of the "hero"
hit F2 to close the console.....but marvin mode is still active.
If you want to totally close marvin mode type b42b

I think that is the correct insert code, but it has been a long time. http://mondgesaenge.de/MDB/ has a list of all the insert codes, but it is in german.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:04 pm
moonshadow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yaay, that worked like a charm. However I suddenly have TWO of that "dexter-note"

thx for the help, that saved me from replaying CH2.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:06 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by moonshadow
yaay, that worked like a charm. However I suddenly have TWO of that "dexter-note"

thx for the help, that saved me from replaying CH2.

Welcome...

2 notes??? Mmmm I hope for you it won't generate anomalies, that's quite strange.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:10 am
moonshadow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well maybe I did something wrong the first (and only) time I tried. But the note (actually itīs called "orders") is the only one I got 2 of.
I put the other "order-note" in a chest, and just kept one, going to vatras, but he didnt keep the paper, so I still got that one, plus the one I put in the chest.

But it shouldnīt mess the game up, right?

And, just a little question, offtopic in my own thread now but..hehe, how the H*LL am I supposed to kill those Seekers? Since i'm a fire mage, I donīt really use melee, and the strongest spell I got is fireball, and that only takes away like 5% or something of the Seekersī health. I hate those seekers

Perhaps I shouldīve started another topic or search the forum.. ah well, thought that I could as well ask here and hope for the best

Thanx again for your help, nice of u to take the time to help me
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:33 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

For the double note, I can't say but there's few chance that this will broke anything. But I don't understand how you get the note twice. You import two times? Or in fact you had already the note? Well when you import the hero file, you import the inventory but you import also the char attributes, str, skills, level, and so on. Sorry if that's obvious for you but I prefer avoid any confusion you could have done so the right manipulation should be:
1 - Open the last game you want fix and continue play.
1 - Open the older game with the note still in the inventory
2 - Start marvin mode
3 - export hero oldhero
4 - Open the last game you want fix and continue play.
5 - export hero currenthero
6 - import hero oldhero
7 - Put the note on the ground or in the chest
8 - import hero currenthero
And take the note in the last save game and with the right version of your char. And then you should have only one note.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:31 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:

And, just a little question, offtopic in my own thread now but..hehe, how the H*LL am I supposed to kill those Seekers? Since i'm a fire mage, I donīt really use melee, and the strongest spell I got is fireball, and that only takes away like 5% or something of the Seekersī health. I hate those seekers

Perhaps I shouldīve started another topic or search the forum.. ah well, thought that I could as well ask here and hope for the best

Yes there's even a recent topic about this subject but which one I can't say! Well find it by search could not be easy, I let you try.

To answer this point. So you have finished chapter 2 and still not have started NOTR world, that's not the best because you are certainly a bit low level for the seekers.

So before of asking you if you should kill them or not, you should rise your level and for that jump into NOTR part and goes as far you can. Additionaly, check spells there, you should find something much better than fireball against seekers.

Until you haven't progress significantly in NOTR part, it's not usefull to come back to continue chapter 3. Eventually if you find final fight in NOTR part too tough, you could let it for later and finish chapter 3 before this final NOTR fight.

In theory, there's always a sneak pathes to avoid seekers plus you'll get "tools" to avoid them. But later on even if you can sneak them that's not a bad idea to kill a few anyway. That will lower you iritation against them, will train you, will give you xp.

If you have a savegame just before you start chapter 3 the best would have been to take it but if you don't have that, don't worry, that will be a challenge to do the few quests to be able to enter in NOTR world but you should be able too and avoid any seekers except if you can have help.

That said I am curious to know how the game manage one collision with both enemies and a friend at one same place, enemies coming from chapter 3 and friend from a quest to enter in NOTR world. The designers are satan slaves so it's perhaps even to help you in this case that there's a friend there.

He he, you don't know at all what I am talking about so forget that last point.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:04 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:

.... Since i'm a fire mage, I donīt really use melee, ....

Mmm, about that let me go off topic too.

From, what have you deduced that fire mage doesn't use melee? The shopkeeper in the monastery sell a quite good weapon that can be usefull a very long time for melee, a staff made by the fire mage Uthar. The water mages also sell one a little more powerfull. With sommon fire mage can kick asses in melee and still have enough power to use alternate methods like long range cast and be a ruler in the last 2 chapters.

Ha well if you are already building a mage only, go on continue on this road, not the easiest path but doable and you'll have the satisfaction to end with the most powerfull character the game allow to build.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:17 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Vhoa! Next time please use the edit button to edit your first reply instead of posting three times in a row . It's possible to 'interrupt' and then continue quotes by setting the [/quote] (= end quote) and [quote="name"] (=start quote by "name") tags manually.
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:03 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

If you are in the 3rd chapter, learn the 3rd circle at once. There are many handy runes in the 3rd circle for your purposes. My alltime favorites are "ice block" and "summon skeleton". Try freezeing the seeker and then summon two skeleton to finnish him off . Or just go whack him with your staff while it is frozen and helpless In addition the rune thunderstorm works like a charm, but be carefull when launching it near the friendlies.
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:37 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Vhoa! Next time please use the edit button to edit your first reply instead of posting three times in a row . It's possible to 'interrupt' and then continue quotes by setting the
(= end quote) and
quote:
Originally posted by name
(=start quote by "name") tags manually.

To explain this a bit more ... posting 3 times in a row is no problem - if you address different people and if none of the posts is spam. You fulfilled the 2nd criterion but not the first. No big deal, though. I also prefer more and shorter posts.
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:06 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2