Usergroups
Gothic 3 Suggestions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

yea i agree with delo, arrows are not that slow at all, i should know i have my own set in real life, nice indian bow pretty old and nice ,
Post Sat May 10, 2003 12:43 am
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

(I don't have gothic II because i don't understand a word german so i don't know if its already in GOTHIC II. So please exuse me)

Some things that you could do all day like :

Fishing , Farming, Chopping Trees, Building Houses (Fountains, ...) , Cooking (Many types of food). Making some drinks and some things like that.

Yes and many more animals. Like Sheep (I know its in Gothic II), Horses , cows, chicken,etc.

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Sat May 10, 2003 7:32 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

How about being able to buy your own land and employ your own farmers or being able to eventualy create your own guild, and train your trainees, and more jobs, like trademan and shopkeeper, just for money
Post Sun May 11, 2003 1:38 pm
Bartouze
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cooking !

That's really painful in gothic 2. It would be so easy : when you click on the cooking place, get a dilaog line where you are oferd to cook all of your meat, or only ten, or five... Why do we have to cook them one by one ???
Same for trānke by the way, why not be able to preapre 5 or 10 at time nad have to go one by one ? A pity to make this great game boring with such details.
I'm in chapter 4 of gothic2, story kept interesting so far...
Post Sun May 18, 2003 11:54 pm
legacy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
How about being able to buy your own land and employ your own farmers or being able to eventualy create your own guild, and train your trainees, and more jobs, like trademan and shopkeeper, just for money

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats a graet idea to own these hings.
But to reach that place to rule a farm and framers u have to do hard work and pay a lot of money
And there should be some big battles like 30 orc's and 30 paladins.

Post Mon May 19, 2003 5:44 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

Here are a couple of do's and dont's:

- DON'T turn the combat into real-time point and click ( dungeon siege and NWN) cause that would make the game extremely dull.

- How about shields, Horses, and the abaility to buy farms or houses?

- DON'T make a character creation cause that would make the game generic (Morrowindish).

- DON'T change the skill learning system cause it makes the game more unique.

- More livestock!

- How about adding some special moves for fighters so that Mages don't get all the fun?

- How about some stealth based missions for thieves only?

Just my 2 cents.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 6:15 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi

That's a good idea. In Morrowind they have something where you can do something like that. Pretty cool
Post Sat May 24, 2003 5:07 pm
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Wow!! There are a multitude of good ideals so far; I really do hope that the Piranha Bytes development crew really does come here for suggestions. I really do like the idea for fighters being able to attain super moves, and thieves being able to partake in special covert stealth missions. Yet, one thing has been touched on little in this thread so far. The weapons!!! If there is one thing I just love to do in RPGs is to go hunting in every corner and crevice in search of special swords or items. I love it when I have the feeling of sheer thrill wash over me as I unexpectedly run into an 18 foot tall monster in the middle of nowhere, we battle and in the wake of the fight a magical ice sword is left behind. Secret treasures guarded by monsters, buried in a forgotten place, lost under sea, or held by an angel for the "chosen one" is a must!!! A variety of weapons would be a plus as well, not only by type or class, but by effect as well. Staves, daggers, throwing items, and gigantic hammers are great, but how about flaming swords, poisonous daggers, or glimmering staves? Another thing I like are various death animations, something that is believable. If you freeze someone, they slowly stop in their tracks, come to a creaking halt and then shatter, set someone on fire they run about trying to bat out the flames them fall over in a smoldering heap leaving charred remains behind, or if you stab or shoot someone in the gut they grab their wound and slowly fall to the ground. There is nothing more satisfying than watching one's nemesis slowly falling to their knees as they realize that their death is drawing near. I am not asking for Broadway, just something slightly more elaborate than falling over while screaming bloody hell; maybe try adding in rag doll physics. Pain skins or impairments from low health would be nice. Anyone here remember Bioforge??? If you got your ass beaten and tried to run away you would fall over, and when you walked you did so with a limp. One fellow made a mod for morrowind that caters to this request somewhat. The mod dictates the following, as you take damage and loose heath, your character's vision begins to dull, speed slows, and strength declines. Its a nice touch, and really adds to the fighting experience. I really hope that these suggestions help, but if they are asking too much then at least think about implementing them within reason. Death animations don't have to win an Emmy award each time, but at least throw in a little variety. Weapon effects don't have to be all consuming but maybe a flash, a glimmer, or a flame would be nice. Something within reason is all....
Post Sat May 24, 2003 6:32 pm
Mike Rotch
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Back tp the arrow thing...I archery hunt and if my arrows move that slow then the whole hunt would be in vain. And the arrows should "whiz" and "zip" to their targets. They do have feathers...
Anyway that would be cool. The use of shields would be nice and instead of holding your sword up to block you could hold up your shield.
Post Sat May 24, 2003 8:26 pm
WeaponX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

G3

The following info. is based on Gothic 1 only (sadly)

Improve on all that is good in Gothic already:-
1. AI (Combat, communication and memory)
2. Atmosphere/immersion (ability to sit on the ground by a camp fire etc.)
3. World interactions (Objects, people etc.)
4. Independent events (Like wolves attacking other creatures eg.)
5. Non-Linearity
6. View weapons (Add Quiver for arrows etc.)
7. Quests, quests more quests and then some more quests

Add:-
1. A female avatar maybe? (Long shot yes...)
2. More tool use (Mining, farming, harvesting, fishing)
3. Detailed animations (Drinking from a mug, facial expressions etc.)
4. Separate armour, boots and gloves from armour sets.
5. Much more land area to explore
6. Health/mana regen (make it very slow if needs be)
7. Status effects like poison and disease.

Remove:-
1. Bugs
Post Tue May 27, 2003 9:56 pm
jo_nik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes, AI improvements would be nice (its already great ofcourse, but there is always space for more "realism").

Let me give an example. Its a little thing really but I think it detracts
from the game's realism and overall immersion. Its that case when a monster or human enemy wanders close to the main character when he is engaged into conversation. The character continues to converse with the NPC while the "beastie" casually strolls between or around them. I realise that this is probably a design decision (the AI is put to "sleep" while the conversation is On and a different game mode/environment is entered?) But I always thought it would add to the experience if the conversation instantly broke off (the NPCs AI indicating that it should draw its weapon and attack). The conversation offcourse could recommence when the danger is removed from the immediate area.

Also better edge detection would be nice (certain monsters, especially humanoids like goblins shouldnt fall off cliffs so easily).
Post Wed May 28, 2003 8:06 am
Alistair
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Perhaps this would be a suitable engine for G3...

http://www.gamesdomain.co.uk/gdreview/zones/previews/may03/farcry_08.html
Post Fri May 30, 2003 9:07 pm
The Trickster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK, here“s my turn:

- The AI could be tweaked a bit, plus you should be able to set your
companion to aggressive/passive if you speak with him. This is because
they often leap into battle in a kamikaze sort of way (1 Soldier vs. 4 Orc
Elites; Argh)

- More actions between the NPCs (like a Thief stealing from someone and
a chase begins)

- Some more glimpses on the history, religion and social structure of the
world. I know that Gothic is primary an action game but I“d still like to
read a book about the land“s history.

- A responsive blocking system

- Mouse control during the inventory
Post Sat May 31, 2003 10:29 pm
legacy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I had one more idea.
When u fight whit a enemy u can cut off his hand,leg or head.
Like if u fight whit a orc u cut off his hand where he is holding a sword , then he starts attacking whit the other hand.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:45 am
Urnakh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by legacy
I had one more idea.
When u fight whit a enemy u can cut off his hand,leg or head.
Like if u fight whit a orc u cut off his hand where he is holding a sword , then he starts attacking whit the other hand.

I very much doubt we'll ever see dismemberment, like in Blade of Darkness, in Gothic games.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:39 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3