Usergroups
Orc fighting question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well I finished the game. I must admit, waiting all the way for the last chapter did just make up for many of the frustrations of being a mage for the rest of the game. The wave of death spell, if properly timed, is extremely effective. At one point I had about 2 dozen lizardmen carving me up - I only just got the spell of before I would have died.

Two strange things though - the undead dragon seems to be immune to the destroy undead spell. I ended up repeatedly hitting him with rain of fire - for some reason he never moves unless you are in attack range. The other thing was that army of darkness spell that Milton can teach you. I never found a scroll of it so I couldn't make a rune to cast it. I would have thought Milton would sell the scroll but he doesn't. Strange. Admittedly, at that point in the game I wouldn't want skeleton allies much.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:07 am
Saša
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I played G2 as a mage and it was really easy, much easier then playing as a paladin or dragon hunter. Notr is much harder than G2, and it is more balanced and interesting. I played notr as a paladin and i used the claw of beliar. i managed to kill all the orcs around the castle without too much trouble. dragons are easily killed with summon demon spell.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:47 am
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Saša
I played G2 as a mage and it was really easy, much easier then playing as a paladin or dragon hunter. Notr is much harder than G2, and it is more balanced and interesting. I played notr as a paladin and i used the claw of beliar. i managed to kill all the orcs around the castle without too much trouble. dragons are easily killed with summon demon spell.

I think that might be part of my problem. I'm playing Gothic 2 Gold which includes NOTR. The mana cost of spells has been changed in many cases. For example, I gather that destroy undead only used to cost 40 mana - now it costs 100. Anyone know if there is a mod/patch to revert the casting costs back to the original?

Summon demon is a level 5 spell. Unless you cast it from a scroll you won't have it at that point because you are fighting the dragons in chapter 4. That is one of the wierd things about Gothic 2 - spell scrolls have the same power and casting cost as rune spells. So for occasional spell casting you really don't need to be a mage.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:44 pm
fragonard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

There is a NOTR customizer somewhere; I saw it a few weeks ago. You can do a search for it.
Found it: http://no.game-host.org/notrcustom.zip
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Saša
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

you only have to kill four dragons at chapter 4, and you can buy more than four summon demon scrolls. Usually one demon is enaugh for one dragon if you help him.
Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:10 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2