Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The most frightful&toughest monster in gothic2?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Demonlord
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Black Troll
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Pack of dragon snappers
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Dragon (lol)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Shadowlord
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Icegolem(s)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
orc elites
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
SwampShark
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lizardmen
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47

Author Thread
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

So i've been thinking this quite a while.Which monster you found the most hardest to fight against?

For instance the dragons were such a big dissapointment to me as they really didn't offer even a glimmer of epic battle.But instead regular demonlords kicked my poor ass all the time..Or what about Black Troll?Well there we have truly a horrible beast!Or what about large pack of hungry dragon snappers?That for sure isn't something i would like to encourter poorly armed.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:18 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Shadow Warriors or skeletons. They were the toughest (most fun) to fight against with a sword. But as a Mage or using a spell against undead was too easy.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:41 pm
deiland
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Arghhhhh!!!

If only I had the game, I could vote!!! I think I may look like a skeleton when the US version finally gets release

Are you all playing the German version?
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:42 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

The hardest to fight...Black Troll. He hit me so hard once it knocked me into the river. The one that scared me the most I never saw...

Sylvio
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:40 pm
CarnalSalvation
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I picked the dragons. They aren't tough, but that blowing me away crap made me so frustated I hardly want to play the game anymore.

Oh and I'm not playing the German version. I am playing the UK import.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:54 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

the seekers.. not because they were hard but because the first time i ran into one of them in the gate with the pass to khorinis, he scared the shit out of me!!!
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:40 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Chiefo
the seekers.. not because they were hard but because the first time i ran into one of them in the gate with the pass to khorinis, he scared the shit out of me!!!

Next time, when you see those Dementors (err... Seekers) at a distance, shoot them with a bow. You won't need to hear their evil voices and see that annoying jit again.

I'm frightened when I see goblins running around the caves. Their voices, their running styles make me remember a person I fear at. umm... let's not go there.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:51 am
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Re: Arghhhhh!!!

quote:
Originally posted by deiland
If only I had the game, I could vote!!! I think I may look like a skeleton when the US version finally gets release

A lot of the people here ordered a english version from http://www.gogamer.com/ . It is the English (Great Briton) version, and works and looks just great, sounds great!! Then it must be GREAT!!

Oh, by the way I think a pack of dragon snapers are the worst to face before breakfast!
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:48 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Definitely the Shadowlord. He is fast, agile, has lots of HP and is very resistent to arrows. Definitely a decent challenge if you are in melee.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:42 am
Dra Gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The Shadow Lord Inubis & the bunch of skeletons & skeleton mage ...
It was the toughest one and the only REAL chalange in G2...
At the very begining, I put the LP like that:
10 into strenght and 20 into 1 h...
I also had the pirat cuttlass (and later the self forged sword - same damage but longer)...
At level 9 I was 60% 1 h, 20 str and I could fight any "regular" thing (including skeletons, orc warriors) in chap 1 ...
But I wasn't able to beat Inubis until chap 3...
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:10 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Not sure about the difficulty, but the ones that scared me the most were the Seekers. You were walking along, minding your own buisness and you hear "THERE HE IS!!" I jumped 3 feet into the air. When I was playing it through again, I heard them say "WE SHALL GET YOU!!"

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:20 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

At low levels, shadowbeasts got me. So fast, so powerful I rarely got in one hit. At higher levels as a mage, nothing was able to stop me.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:34 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Orc Elites imo not that they were damn hard to kill but when i still was in chapter 1 and i runned trough the forrest at night and i heard that someone draw a sword oke i thought it some kind of Orc Scout or Orc Warrior hell it was some damn weird Orc blue one i was damn scared cos at nights they like glow or something u need to see it like ghosts
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Re: Arghhhhh!!!

quote:
Originally posted by deiland

Im not playing the german virson im playing a virson in ENGLISH i dont know if its a british or us virson i just know its in english...
i have this game for over a monthe (its about to be 2 monthes
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:17 pm
Pikkon

I think that a pack of dragon snapper ar... LOOSERS!!! i killed 10 dragon snappers and 5 normal snappers together without any problem and the black troll... whan facing me he berly survived more than 15 sec.
orc ellites... well only if thare are more than 7 of tham is a BIG problem they are tough but 5 orc warlord and an orcish colonel are tougher.
the last time i had a fight agains oeamon lord was... in chapter 5 i think he was very tough but i stiil managed to kick his harry ass...
ice golems... oh please... everbody that had a fight againt tham know that thay are loosers, they are the weakest golems thare is...
whats a shadowlord? do you mean shadow warrior? if so than yes they are very tough every one of tham is like an orc ellite and an orc warrior together... the last time i had a fight agains a swampshurk it was at lvl 15 i think... whan was about to kill one (berly...) another one shoed up and kill me... so i dont know coz i was weak back than...
lizerd man??? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA LOL yeah right...
about the dragon i know what you are talking about.. i was disapointed too... so i think that the demon lords and the shadow warriors were the toughest...
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:36 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next