Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Story error message - potential spoilers?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Story error message - potential spoilers?

I was in/under the cemetary following Jake to rescue the hostage, just proceeding through as normal when an error box popped up which I thought said something like "Divinity has detected a potential conflict in the story...". I went to pause, but pressing space cleared the message and I didn't get to finish reading it.

I reloaded and have continued to play for long after with no problems. Does anyone know this error? Did I do something to break the story? I've been playing a "good" character & don't have a high lockpick skill so I can't think that I did anything unusual to break the story.

More curious than anything.
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:39 am
puma
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Unable to save message

Hello. The question was posted some time ago, but I hope this will be useful for somobody.

This message you get, because the tomb area (when you rescue the hostage) is one, where you cannot save, until quest is completed. Then it is back to normal. Meanwhile, if it takes you more then 10 minutes in the tomb, game detects the state "unable to save" as a potential error in its data, so warns you.

Strange enough it didn't warn me of some real problems and a few times I had to reload from previos saves as the latest were unable to causing crashes soon after load.

Apart from this, saving the game takes a lot of time and much disk space and is very unstable (crashes very often).

If not for the interesting plot I would be completely discouraged from playing it. Especially after a save crash that destroyed my NTFS partition. Luckily I was able to rescue all my data (including the DD saves), but this shows that many more pathes for the stability of the game would be welcome.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:34 am